Original Post

Accepted Solution

Chewbacca's Pulverize ability wording

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Ios
OS Version Ios
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Summarize your bug Pulverize didn't dispel all buffs against a bastilla team.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use this new chewy against a bastilla team, use pulverize. Sometimes it doesn't work
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country Us

I added Chewbacca to my bastilla team. When I faced an oppressing bastilla line, I used pulverize to dispel their massive buffs and nothing was dispelled. The way the ability is worded implies that it dispels first, then applies damage. He damaged the whole team, but the buffs remained intact. I wish I had recorded the battle, but I didn't. I'm concerned that his dispel may not bee working correctly, so please let me know if there is any way to avoid or resist the buff dispel ability of pulverize. Thanks

Message 1 of 6 (429 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Chewbacca's Pulverize ability wording

Community Manager (retired)
Hey, so we tested Bastila lead team with OT Chewbacca against another Bastila lead team and when Chewbacca used his "Pulverize" ability (given that the opposite characters don't have Foresight), all buffs were dispelled bar the Protection Up from Bastila lead which cannot be dispelled (and the same stands for any locked buffs).

After using "Pulverize", General Kenobi gained Taunt and the critically hit enemies gained Critical Hit Immunity, from General Kenobi's unique ability "Soresu". This is as intended as well.

If you happen to notice the "Pulverize" ability being used and certain buffs not being dispelled please take a screenshot so we can analyze and see if it's as intended or not.

If a screenshot is not possible, we need details such as:
- Complete team compositions?
- Who was used as leader in each team?
- What were the buffs/debuffs active on all units?

Thank you.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (351 Views)

All Replies

CG_ParkingInstructor (one of the Developers) indicates on the forums that it's working as intended. Despite the way it's worded, if the attack is evaded (e.g. through Foresight), nothing will be dispelled either. He said:

"Each attack only triggers 1 evasion roll. If the enemy has Foresight, all of the effects from the attack will be dodged. In the case of Pulverize, it means both the Dispel and the damage was dodged."

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/182764/kit-reveal-chewbacca/p4

★★★★★ Apprentice
If they had foresight at the time, I could concede that point.. but they didn't have foresight, and also took damage from his attack, but the dispel did not occur. I will try to recreate this and record it.
Message 3 of 6 (402 Views)

My apologies, I missed the part where you said they received damage. Per that Dev response, if they received damage, they should have also been dispelled.

Community Manager (retired)
Hey, so we tested Bastila lead team with OT Chewbacca against another Bastila lead team and when Chewbacca used his "Pulverize" ability (given that the opposite characters don't have Foresight), all buffs were dispelled bar the Protection Up from Bastila lead which cannot be dispelled (and the same stands for any locked buffs).

After using "Pulverize", General Kenobi gained Taunt and the critically hit enemies gained Critical Hit Immunity, from General Kenobi's unique ability "Soresu". This is as intended as well.

If you happen to notice the "Pulverize" ability being used and certain buffs not being dispelled please take a screenshot so we can analyze and see if it's as intended or not.

If a screenshot is not possible, we need details such as:
- Complete team compositions?
- Who was used as leader in each team?
- What were the buffs/debuffs active on all units?

Thank you.

Message 5 of 6 (352 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Can you please do something about this?  The way it's worded is not how it acts.  If the first part says "dispell all buffs" that is how it should work.  Then attack.  

It's pretty disappointing that this arguably the most difficult event and the Toon's ability doesn't even work as described!  

Considering the amount time and effort it takes to upgrade bounty hunters for this event, Chewbacca should be able to dispell all buffs, including foresight, then attack.  But that Is just my opinion and I only play the game.  

Message 6 of 6 (277 Views)