Chewbacca's Pulverize ability not working as intended

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? X
OS Version 12.0
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 283-313-829
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug If the enemy team has foresight, Chewbacca's Pulverize ability is not dispelling buffs prior to dealing damage. I've tested it several times and it is evaded every time and the foresight is then removed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Battle any squad with Foresight (just about any Jedi team will do)
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

Chewbacca's ability Pulverize reads:

Pulverize
· Special · Level 8
Pulverize 4 turn cooldown
Dispel all buffs on all enemies, then deal Physical damage to all enemies. Chewbacca gains Offense Up and Critical Chance Up for 2 turns. This attack ignores Defense.

If the enemy team has foresight, Chewbacca's Pulverize ability is not dispelling buffs prior to dealing damage. I've tested it several times and it is evaded every time and the foresight is then removed.

This ability reads similar to Darth Sion's aoe ability Torment and should function the exact same.

Before Pulverize.jpg
After Pulverize.jpg
Message 1 of 7 (629 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Chewbacca's Pulverize ability not working as intended

@Severinze wrote:

This ability reads similar to Darth Sion's aoe ability Torment and should function the exact same.

Sion's ability says:

"Deal Physical damage to all enemies and then dispel all buffs on them.  <yadda yadda, applies Pain>  This attack can't be Evaded."

The "can't be evaded" part is the key reason that Sion can strip Foresight off enemies during this attack.  He's actually hitting them despite the foresight, and then removing all the buffs.  

I do agree with you that the verbiage seems misleading on Pulverize.  I read it and expected it to behave similarly to Sion's ability.  

However, CG_ParkingInstructor (one of the Developers) indicates that it's working as intended:

"Each attack only triggers 1 evasion roll. If the enemy has Foresight, all of the effects from the attack will be dodged. In the case of Pulverize, it means both the Dispel and the damage was dodged."

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/182764/kit-reveal-chewbacca/p4

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (622 Views)

All Replies

@Severinze wrote:

Sion's ability says:

"Deal Physical damage to all enemies and then dispel all buffs on them.  <yadda yadda, applies Pain>  This attack can't be Evaded."

The "can't be evaded" part is the key reason that Sion can strip Foresight off enemies during this attack.  He's actually hitting them despite the foresight, and then removing all the buffs.  

I do agree with you that the verbiage seems misleading on Pulverize.  I read it and expected it to behave similarly to Sion's ability.  

However, CG_ParkingInstructor (one of the Developers) indicates that it's working as intended:

"Each attack only triggers 1 evasion roll. If the enemy has Foresight, all of the effects from the attack will be dodged. In the case of Pulverize, it means both the Dispel and the damage was dodged."

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/182764/kit-reveal-chewbacca/p4

★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply and clarification. To say I'm disappointed would be a gross understatement, but you at least answered my question quickly and with a source from a dev, which I greatly appreciate.

Message 3 of 7 (613 Views)

★ Novice

Fix chewy!  He should be "dispell(ing) all buffs from all enemies" before the attack.  He's hard enough to get the way it is making work how it's worded!

Message 4 of 7 (526 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This is marked as "Solved" and is NOT. Needs to be fixed.

Qi'ra's "Scattering Blast" also has this same issue, with even worse wording than Chewbacca because of the secondary "prepared" part.

Darth Nihilus and Embo both have correct wording in their abilities, which would indicate Chewbacca and Qi'ra are indeed bugged (or the ability wording is incorrect)

Message 5 of 7 (470 Views)

Hi @sainte5 and thanks for your concern. If you read the original answer (which cites a Developer response explaining in more detail), the ability is working as intended.

Chewie, Nihilus, Qi'ra, Death Trooper, Sion, and Embo all use their attack. If the target had foresight, the attack is evaded, and all effects from the attack (including dispelling the buffs) do not happen.

The only exception to this is with Sion, and it's because Torment specifically says that the attack "cannot be evaded." Therefore Torment lands, and buffs are therefore stripped.

As I said in my original answer, I do believe the verbiage is confusing (and inconsistent between characters), but the behavior is all the same.

★★ Novice

@GladOS-013 I agree with you that the ability is working correctly, simply stating that the wording needs to be updated (fixed) to match the effect, as it is inconsistent with every other dispel ability in the game. Standard smile

Embo, Death Trooper, CLS, Qi'Gon, Ezra, B2, Baze, Nihilus, etc. state "Deal damage AND dispel debuffs" while Chewbacca and Qi'ra state "Dispel debuffs THEN deal damage".

Message 7 of 7 (441 Views)