Re: Chest bug

by Darthjoeybuns

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Chest not counting towards completion, trophy unobtainable

★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug BD-1 bugged out and would no longer open the holomap no matter what until the game was restarted. While in this state, any progress in discovering new areas or opening chests is not counted and the game is left in a bugged state.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know how/why this triggered. I respawned outside the Imperial Trench area of Ilum after regaining your lightsaber, fought my way through the imperial army, and then noticed BD-1 wouldn't open the holomap.
What happens when the bug occurs? Pressing on the touchpad doesn't open the holomap. After proceeding a bit further, including exploring the remaining area of the Imperial Trench and opening it's only chest (which contains the Duraplast lightsaber material), I saved and restarted and the bug went away. However, the state of the game was now bugged, the areas I had traversed in the Imperial Trench was not mapped out/explored on the holomap, so I had to go and re-explore the area to map it for 100% completion. HOWEVER, the chest I opened the first time through, with the Duraplast lightsaber material was still open, and I had the material and could apply it to my lightsaber, but the chest did not count towards the sections/planets chest completion. The area remained at 0/1 chests and it is permanently stuck that way, and the trophy for all chests is unobtainable.
What do you expect to see? I expect BD-1 to not bug out so I can always open the holomap, and I expect the game to properly track chests and exploration so I'm not left in a bugged state where I'm permanently locked out from completing the chest collection.

n/a

Message 1 of 124 (16,446 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Chest not counting towards completion, trophy unobtainable

[ Edited ]
EA Respawn Team

we're working on a fix for this. fix didn't get submitted in-time for today's patch 1.04, but it will be in the next one. returning to the area with an open chest will count it

View in thread

Message 34 of 124 (17,770 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
@Dark_Shirou494 Same happened to me, except it happened in the tomb of Miktrull.

EA please tell me you have a fix in progress. I was really hoping to 100% this game
Message 2 of 124 (16,373 Views)

Chest bug

★★★★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug Illum chest glitch I've opened all the chests on Illum but the game is still saying I'm one short, I looked at the map and shattered lake said I hadn't found the chest So I went back to where it was and the map is still displaying the breakable ice as unbroken so the game hasn't registered me opening the chest. I got this bug because I opened the chest when you're escaping the jedi temple. Can you please patch this so the game updates my progress
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Search the chest after escaping the jedi temple before you go and fight the two AT-ST's
What happens when the bug occurs? it stops me from 100%ing the game
What do you expect to see? The ice to display as broken and the chest to be open on my map

N/A

Message 3 of 124 (16,304 Views)

Crash site chest didnt count toward completion

★★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug Collected every chest in the crash site zone on zeffo but game still shows 7/8 chests collected.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Collect all 8 chests, there are 2 out of water and 6 under water.
What happens when the bug occurs? One of the chests didnt count toward the zone credit of looting every chest.
What do you expect to see? 8/8 chests collected in the crash site. I'm going to miss an achievement because of this bug.

I collected both of the 2 chests out of water on a previous visit to the planet, on my return trip after acquiring the ability to dive under water I collected the remaining 6 but the zone still lists 7/8 collected. I checked and re-checked and counted each chest and each one is already open and looted.

Message 4 of 124 (16,240 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ridiculous.

a

image.png

Message 5 of 124 (16,327 Views)

★★ Novice

Can confirm. Same thing happened to me on zeffo in the broken wing section. Bd-1's map stopped working but I kept going till I hit a save point and none of it counted. Very disheartening. Really want to 100% this while I was off work but now i guess i cant till there's a patch. You can see in the background of the map the corpse the secret was on. 

Message 6 of 124 (16,309 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same happened to me on Zeffo.

Planet is marked as 'explored'.

I do have every collectable available to use on light Saber, BD, Mantis and my character, yet still 3 chests and 1 secret are still marked as unexplored. Visited the chests and secret multiple times afterwards. Did a reset, new installation - no change.

This is the last achievement open, please EA fix this. 

Message 7 of 124 (16,283 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Dark_Shirou494 EA need to escalate this so that Respawn fixes this! I am a completionist and I need to have the game 100%. I have searched everywhere for all the secrets chests and most importantly all the encrypted data logs and all I have to show for it is bugged map and achievements but somehow I have all the equipment... fml
Message 8 of 124 (16,272 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here.

The chest atop the outer temple cliff face has been looted, I have the Poncho material “Companero” unlocked and usable but the chest hasn’t been recognised as opened in the map and by extension doesn’t count to my 100%

Not sure if it makes a difference but I also looted this chest whilst trying to escape the planet before the AT-ST encounter.

Message 9 of 124 (16,261 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This also locks the achievement for collecting everything as well as exploration being bugged at 98% on two planets

Message 10 of 124 (16,253 Views)