Re: Las 'Almas Checkpoint

by llGoliath

Original Post

Checkpoints not recognising player in online races

★★ Novice

Product: Need for Speed Payback
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug Checkpoint does not register player.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? OnlyMirthless
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 11/17/2017
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
What is your time zone? NST - GMT + 12:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Rarely during an online race.
What happens when the bug occurs? Rarely, driving through a checkpoint in an online race, the player will not be recognised and the checkpoint is 'missed' despite having driven through the border. The game will also fail to tell you that a checkpoint has failed to recognise you, so you'll be half way through a race and realise you're in last and haven't made any progress because the checkpoint at the beginning hadn't been counted as completed.
What do you expect to see? First of all I'd like to thank Ghost for the massive improvement in terms of online connectivity, compared to just a week ago it is so much more enjoyable to play than before the fixes. However, this is a bug which can be detrimental for ranked gameplay and must be fixed very soon, otherwise there will be serious disadvantages, especially if it's a problem related to the player's connection.
Please select your region Australia
Were you connected to other players when the bug occurred? Yes

Just doing my thing in a Volkswagen Beetle, enjoying a nice casual online game, about 1,000 meters ahead of the competition when suddenly I realise - despite being far ahead of everyone - I'm in last place. Turns out I missed a checkpoint a couple miles back, even though I am 100% positive that I drove right through each checkpoint, not even close to missing any of them. This isn't the first time this has happened, here's a video of the first time I encountered the issue.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/OnlyMirthless/video/39395669

For whatever reason it seems that - very rarely - checkpoints do not recognise when you've passed them, and count as uncompleted. This means you turn right around, drive back, drive through it a second time, then turn around once more to continue with the race. I would hate to see this occur in a ranked game. 

Has anybody else had this issue? 

Message 1 of 4 (759 Views)

Re: Checkpoints not recognising player in online races

★★★ Apprentice
Do u know, i face this bug in pc in at least one to two races in every ranked speedlist. Today i am in rank 4, i could have easily been in rank 6 by now. The number of races i was supposed to come first but ended up last coz of this bug is probably 20 by now. All these races i was coming first but ended up last. I lost hard earned points coz of this. It is making my levelling up a lot more difficult. A month from ur post and it hasn't been fixed.
Message 2 of 4 (671 Views)

Las 'Almas Checkpoint

★★ Novice

Product: Need for Speed Payback
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug There's a speedlist race called Las 'Almas Creed that has a bug where the 2nd or 3rd Checkpoint doesn't register when driven through it.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? MapesBro95
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 01/09/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 11:57 AM
What is your time zone? CST - GMT - 6:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not entire sure how it occurs, but it usually happens when I try to go through the checkpoint.
What happens when the bug occurs? The checkpoint just doesn't register, making racers have to turn around and go through it about 2 or 3 times just for it to register.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the checkpoint actually count and to be able to keep going with no issues.
Please select your region North America
Were you connected to other players when the bug occurred? Yes

There's a speedlist race called Las 'Almas Creed that has a bug where the 2nd or 3rd Checkpoint doesn't register when driven through it.  There are other races this occurs on, but can't think of them off the top of my head.

Message 3 of 4 (625 Views)

Re: Las 'Almas Checkpoint

★★★★ Apprentice
This needs to be fixed in the next update. It's awful when it happens in a ranked lobby.
Message 4 of 4 (604 Views)