Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Chat icons for Dax and Jani appear on map then disappear when you get close.

by bulletw1st

Original Post

Highlighted

Chat icons for Dax and Jani appear on map then disappear when you get close.

★★★★ Guide

Product: Anthem
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Fort Tarsis x2 issues (not related).
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 24/02/2019, ongoing/persistant
Summarize your bug #1) Forge & Vault issue>I just want to remove "Light of the Legion" Marksman Rifle to Junk because I don't want to use it anymore but I don't want to delete it either in case there's a future option to upgrade weapons. I paid for this item and just want to toss it into junk even if just to act as a memory sake of the launch of the game. But the game will not allow me to move it to junk. It's some sort of bug. #2) NPCs>Sentinel Dax & Freelancer Jani as well as "Tell Me Maur" mission from Matthias>all appear on map when ever I arrive back to Fort Tarsis. But when I come near to their locations there is no indication whatsoever that they want to speak with me and the icons that were on the map disappear once I get close by.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I think it has to do with progression of side quests and/or just speaking to Jani and Dax. Maybe I just ran them out because I've done the Critical Path. Maybe there is no more content for these NPCs but it's annoying because every time I return to the fort the icon appears on the map indicating that they want to talk to me. When I arrive to their locations the icon disappears from the map and no chat icon is present on top of the NPCs, either. Very annoying.
What happens when the bug occurs? The bug is that these NPCs (according to the map) want to talk or have a mission and yet when I get there that's not the case. The icons on the map are gone, too.
What should be happening instead? There should be no icons. And if there are icons appearing on the map, the characters should engage in conversation with me. Or, in the case of the mission, Mathias should be there to give me the mission. It's a bug.

Also, Level 1 weapons that launched with the game cannot be deleted.  They keep showing up in the vault as "New Items" under the Weapons tab.  They get flagged as being "new gear" and that's really annoying.  We need to be able to delete that junk or be able to move it to junk.  Same problem as with the "Light of the Legion".  I can't move that weapon to Junk and I don't want to delete it and it keeps getting flagged in the Forge as being "New" which is really annoying.

Message 1 of 8 (175 Views)

Re: Chat icons for Dax and Jani appear on map then disappear when you get close.

★★★★ Novice

Same on PC

Message 2 of 8 (168 Views)

Re: Chat icons for Dax and Jani appear on map then disappear when you get close.

★★★★★ Newbie
same on ps4
Message 3 of 8 (161 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Samesies. :D Thought it might be due to another quest I need to do first so, every once in a while I'll go and check... Still just Vule and her Aunt chatting about Detective Hops. For once her memory was right...........

PC VERSION. 

Message 4 of 8 (160 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've got the same issues with Matthew Dax and Bring and I'm assuming Yarrow afterhis stupid questline 

Its weird and highly frustrating because I want to hear all the dialogue as I find the lore a d stories of people in the fort interesting

Shame it won't be fixed annoying 

Message 5 of 8 (157 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the exact same issue I noticed it also happen with Yarrow and Brin when I'm eligible for a new mission but haven't done the old one yet. Once I finish the one it usually fixes itself but not sure if the issues are somehow tied together just not able to trigger the fix for the others.

Message 6 of 8 (101 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am dine with every quest line, I have finished everything and it still has chat icons for Jani, Dax, and Matthias... I want MORE LORE but it's just a sad sad tease :/ 

Message 7 of 8 (55 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I had that too... atm I got some npc even showing she wants to talk to me but when standing infront of her there is no conversation icon popping. The conversation icon on the map says "Sentinel Brin". Thb I dont even know if that is Brin or if thats a clue to the quest name. I´m bad with names.

I decided to finish other quests as long as I can and maybe it gets resolved that way but since a bug report about this is here I'm gonna add my pic..

Message 8 of 8 (37 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help