Re: Chat filter not working correctly

by Mister_Crac

Original Post

Chat filter not working correctly

★★★★ Pro

Product: Command & Conquer: Rivals
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
OS Version Android 6.0.1
What is your Player ID? Mr Crac#GcdxpKY9
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug In my German alliance's chat, I see that words are filtered out where it makes zero sense to filter them. Three examples are: gar - meaning "at all" or "any", as in: "gar keine" --> "not any", "gar nicht" --> "not at all" Klunker - this is a colloquial German word for jewelry or diamonds. dicken - This is the plural form of the adjective "d i c k", which means "thick" in German. Whoever is responsible of configuring the chat filter for Germany is obviously not doing their job right. I can offer you to do the job instead. German is my mother tongue and if I were responsible, such mistakes as above would not happen. Guaranteed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to enter these completely normal German words in the alliance chat: gar, Klunker, dicken
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region Europe
Country Germany

Message 1 of 15 (1,879 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Mister_Crac and thanks for raising this.

We forwarded this to the team to be corrected.

Message 2 of 15 (1,855 Views)

★★★★ Pro

The chat filter for the German language is still defective. Could you please fix this?

Message 3 of 15 (1,802 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Another completely normal German word that gets filtered out:

Kraut

Kraut is a category of vegetables, as in sauerkraut, Weißkraut (white cabbage), Rotkraut (red cabbage). Why do you put vegetables in the filter?

Message 4 of 15 (1,769 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Just wanted to let you know that this problem with the mis-configured chat filter still persists. Apparently, nothing at all has been done about it.

One more word that is wrongly filtered out: "Japp". This is a colloquial way of saying "yes" in German, just like the English equivalent "yep".

Whoever configured the chat filter is for sure an idiot.

Message 5 of 15 (1,681 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Still more words that get filtered out wrongfully:

marschieren (to march)

Marschall (marshal)

Feldmarschall (field marshal)

Barsch (perch)

Message 6 of 15 (1,656 Views)

★★★★ Pro

One more thing that gets wrongfully filtered out:
5/5

As in "I got 5/5 in the current event".

Some of these errors are so strange that I cannot even begin to understand how they happen. In any case, the person who is responsible for this is vastly incompetent and should be let go.

Message 7 of 15 (1,589 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@EA_HighCommand wrote:

Hi @Mister_Crac and thanks for raising this.

We forwarded this to the team to be corrected.

It seems that nobody is ever correcting anything at all. What do you pay these people for? Sitting around and talking 'bout last weekend?

Message 8 of 15 (1,586 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Mister_Crac wrote:

Another completely normal German word that gets filtered out:

Kraut

Kraut is a category of vegetables, as in sauerkraut, Weißkraut (white cabbage), Rotkraut (red cabbage). Why do you put vegetables in the filter?

The last sentence made me laugh, if you take things too literally. I mean who puts vegetables in an air con filter. Normally there are issues with language filtering when it comes to other languages other than English. In Filipino, I am surprised they didn't filter the word "betlog" which would be a man's private part. Whoever thought of this didn't realize there are all sorts of slang from different languages.

Message 9 of 15 (1,565 Views)

★★★ Novice

It is filtrering ordinary norwegian words also: tabber , hvordan. Im using IPad. Dont know if this has any ting to do with error. 

Message 10 of 15 (1,393 Views)