Chat Box issues

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number 2070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Xrchael
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. All of the map
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. playing the game
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? all of them
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Since ive downloaded the game
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I cant talk to people
What should be happening instead? Ive played with friends and they say they cant see what ive typed all game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Maybe its something with my account settings so i dont know

Even if i play with friends, nobody can see my chat when im in game. When i return to lobby, the chat box works again. How can i fix this?

Message 1 of 4 (355 Views)

Re: Chat Box issues

Community Manager

Hey, can you see the text you type before hitting enter? Can your friends send text to you? Are you using the default configurating? If you reset to default does anything change?

Thank you.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (336 Views)

★ Novice
I can see it. I had an issue when i started playing apex, i couldnt add friends and i had to clear my cache, i think that solved that problem because now i can add people. Idk if this tied into all of that. I played more games and it seems some people can see my text. but when i played with my friend the other day, he and the other guy couldnt see what i said. I am hoping it is fixed since then and it was just goofy. When i hop on again ill see if the issue continues.
Message 3 of 4 (316 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks, please let us know how you get on. Another Origin cache clear can't hurt when things are being wacky, so you can maybe try that again?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 4 (294 Views)