Chase event using incorrect drop rate formula

★ Guide

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Tablet
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? pc emulated
OS Version win7 64
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 368-455-383
What type of issue do you have? Missing Rewards
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug The drop rate on this chase event is using the wrong formula. This is not the 4% per energy. a proper (all previous) chase event would be 80% chance for a shard on a 20 energy hard node, or a 40% chance on a normal 10 energy non-hard node. This current Chase event is not producing the advertised odds.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Spend 450 crystals on 6 refreshes of fleet energy. spend the energy on this event. pull batches of 8 attempts on several 20 energy hard nodes (should be 80% per attempt). or buy batches of attempts on non-hard nodes (should be 40% on 10 energy nodes).. you will notice that the event is not properly set for 4% per energy. It is likely incorrectly set to the GL ticket formula.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country usa

There is absolutely no way CG didn't change the formula for drops for this event. the previous chase events were 4% chance per energy spent. so 80% on a 20 energy hard node. that is currently false for this event. CG needs to compensate here for false advertising, making a stealth change, or just having a big oops moment and forgetting to plug in the chase formula for these shards.

In all previous chase events, i could get 5 and a half stars in the 5 days, using 6 energy refreshes (450 crystals a day) and preloading 6 refreshes before midnight on the first day. but doing that this time has earned me squat.

i think CG has plugged in the GL ticket formula instead of the chase formula.

Message 1 of 4 (483 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Chase event using incorrect drop rate formula

@shhfiftyfive Hi, thanks for the report. On the main forums, this was communicated today as an intentional change - down to 2% chance per energy spent - to correlate with the halving of fleet energy costs that occurred a while back.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/229678/galactic-chase-drop-rates

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (413 Views)

All Replies

@shhfiftyfive Hi, thanks for the report. On the main forums, this was communicated today as an intentional change - down to 2% chance per energy spent - to correlate with the halving of fleet energy costs that occurred a while back.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/229678/galactic-chase-drop-rates

★ Guide
@GladOS-013 the problem is that the results are nerfed for chase, and this was not communicated before the event went live, so refunds should be in order, but instead, cg is skipping taking any blame for this, and apparently sees nothing wrong with this change or this lack of respect for the community to be treated fairly.... and in the end, nerfing the chase drops to be far worse than previous chase events is entirely unjustified.
Message 3 of 4 (407 Views)

@shhfiftyfive I can’t speak to their intentions or why they neglected to mention it in advance. But since they changed it intentionally, it’s not a bug. Sorry!