Re: Character stops sprinting intermediately.

by QuasiMostD0pe

Original Post

Character stops sprinting intermediately.

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Kaosclear
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? All characters.
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? N/A
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. both maps doesn't seem to matter where
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Sprinting
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Every match. Some worse than others.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Has been happening consistently since season 4 started.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Sprint just cancels for no reason. It is most common 1-10 seconds after activating the sprint function, it seems sometimes if you can sprint for 10 seconds I'm good till I stop then try again, but that's not 100%. I will activate sprint, the character will start sprinting then just start walking again. It gets incredibly frustrating . This can happen multiple times in a row, start sprint, stop, start again stop again, and again and again and again. I've tried in game trouble shooting, remapping sprint to a new button same issues. The best work around I've found so far is to toggle sprint on sometimes, less than 40%, the character will start running again without another input. this isn't a lag issue upon checking game ping and my internet speeds, I show no issues. My friends and other players can see the sprint animation just stop and my character just start walking again, both third person on their screens and in the spectate mode while they are waiting for revive. I've tried checking my controller, I've done maintenance on my controller, took it apart and cleaned it. And I don't have similar issues in other games.
What should be happening instead? The character should be running smothly.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure, I've talked to people in game chat who have had the issue. If you have it you have it, like always on. Others have never had an issue.

This is a troubling thing. Especially in a game like Apex where the movement system is so dependent on sprint. trying to sprint and slide to either close  or create distance from other people, or just move around the map in general is really frustrating, and borderline makes the game unplayable, just trying to cover ground is bad enough when your character stops running, but in the middle of a firefight having your character just stop running and duck waddling in a crouch, because you were sprinting and tried to slide, can get you killed only so many times before the desire to uninstall the game becomes too tempting. I've been having the issue since season 4 started and have seen the issue on other forum posts, and replied that I was having the same issue on those posts. But with the most recent update on 4/9/2020 not providing a fix to this issue I decided it was important to bring the issue to the front again.

Message 1 of 8 (3,179 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@KaosClear I think it is about package loss. When input is not received from the player, character stops sprinting. Mini tiny package losses
Message 2 of 8 (3,090 Views)

★★ Novice

No it wasn't since the last patch I haven't had the issue again. 

Message 3 of 8 (3,075 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am still having the issue

Message 4 of 8 (3,038 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having the issue still :/ Makes octane unplayable when its bad, it will happen even after stimming

Message 5 of 8 (2,920 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it seems like ea doesn't want to fix this issue and i've also got the same issue.

Message 6 of 8 (2,855 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am still experiencing this issue

Message 7 of 8 (2,509 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This still happens in season 7 

Message 8 of 8 (2,387 Views)