by BecHahns

Original Post

Character Lag/Jittering on PS4

★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? BecHahns
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? All of them
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. In game and in map/inventory
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Trying to move the character/cursor, use abilities and fire weapons
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? It happens in most of my matches
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Started 01.12.2020
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? A match will be going fine, but suddenly my game will just stop responding properly to my inputs. The character will stop moving properl, buttons don't do anything (so can't fire weapons or use abilities or ping) I've found myself spinning on the spot, or running backwards. Have to wrestle with my controller to make fine adjustments to the view to just pick up small items or even run in the right direction. Aiming is impossible (if my weapon even fires at all) Teammates and enemies appear to be moving completely normally though? It seems to always kick in during really tense moments, such as in the middle of a fight, or when the ring is closing and I'm stuck outside of it. The issue does not happen in the lobby.
What should be happening instead? The game should be responding to my input properly
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know, it happens when I just try to play.

Things I've tried so far:
- Switching servers
- Checking internet connection (it seems to be fine, working on all my other devices and my housemates' devices. The router is next to my PS4, and connected with a LAN cable)
- Switching controllers (I have 2 that are always on a charging dock when I'm not using them. The issue is happening whichever one I use)
- I got a new TV on Tuesday (when I really noticed this issue start) so I thought it could be that. I adjusted all settings that might cause an input lag such as smoothing and really simplified my TV's "Game Mode" but the issue persists.....

Please help because honestly the game is not fun any more! I would say this issue happens in almost all of my games now which has put me off playing.

Message 1 of 1 (151 Views)