by BluTheRiolu

Original Post

Chaos Theory R-301 skin darker than it should be

★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? BluTheRiolu0
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. N/A
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Weapon skin
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? N/A
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Anytime I’m in a match with the R-301 equipped or whenever I’m previewing the “An Anger Rightous” skin anywhere in the lobby
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Just previewing the “An Anger Rightois” skin or even having the skin equipped on the R-301 in a match.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Can’t say, but I know it’s been persistent since Chaos Theory went live
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) The day Chaos Theory went live
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Little to no impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? It’s namely a texture issue: whenever you look at the R-301 skin “An Anger Rightous” in any context on console, it’s darker than it is on PC. The Revenant skin and matching charm from this event are fine, but for some reason or another the R-301 skin itself is darker and will not match the previously stated skins
What should be happening instead? It should be the same texture as PC and the respective Legend skin/charm
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? On console, equip the “An Anger Rightous” skin, or even preview it from the Event page and compare it to the PC version. (I’m not sure if it’s on Switch, but please look into it!)

The first and second are both screenshots from Console and the third is the skin on PC

Message 1 of 1 (186 Views)