Changing player model and legend mid game (exploit/bug).

by Sean99k

Original Post

Changing player model and legend mid game (exploit/bug).

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1060
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Sean99k
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. MalteLehn
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Lifeline, and Pathfinder / everyone else
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Pathfinder
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Just running around
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Squad lead crashed
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1110
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 26.02.2020 21:10
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? A player can switch legend during a game, they can also change player-model without changing legend.
What should be happening instead? None of the above
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join a game with a squad of 2, have the squad leader crash and then have them join the firing range, then have the remaining player that is still in the game open the map (press M), here you should see an overview of legends rather than a map, choose another legend by repeatedly clicking. Now you should have another player model. You can also change legend by dying and getting re-spawned where you apply the same method as above to change legend during death.

This bug occurred during a random ranked match where my friend (squad lead) was disconnected. then I was able to chance legend when the squad lead joined the firing range while I was still in game.

Message 1 of 2 (221 Views)

Re: Changing player model and legend mid game (exploit/bug).

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Sean99k wrote:

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1060
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Sean99k
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. MalteLehn
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Lifeline, and Pathfinder / everyone else
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Pathfinder
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Just running around
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Squad lead crashed
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1110
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 26.02.2020 21:10
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? A player can switch legend during a game, they can also change player-model without changing legend.
What should be happening instead? None of the above
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join a game with a squad of 2, have the squad leader crash and then have them join the firing range, then have the remaining player that is still in the game open the map (press M), here you should see an overview of legends rather than a map, choose another legend by repeatedly clicking. Now you should have another player model. You can also change legend by dying and getting re-spawned where you apply the same method as above to change legend during death.

This bug occurred during a random ranked match where my friend (squad lead) was disconnected. then I was able to chance legend when the squad lead joined the firing range while I was still in game.

I also experienced this. Unsure if it was intentional or not, but my Legend changed completely. I died as Wattson and was respawned twice in under 8 minutes. After respawning the second time, I noticed I had changed to Pathfinder and could use all his abilities instead of Wattson. 

Also, I’m playing on PS4 slim, no overlay programs added. This happened during a ranked match towards the end. 

Message 2 of 2 (124 Views)