Re: Changing phone case causing sim to age up early???

by alakurielle

Original Post

Changing phone case causing sim to age up early???

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Almost every time.
What is your current game version number? latest version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but the new high school expansion and a few kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Young Adult sim change their phone cover. They will either immediately follow it up by aging up into an Adult, or proceed to repeatedly try to change the phone cover again throughout the day without being told and age up after one of those.

What happens when the bug occurs? Sim suddenly goes from being weeks away from aging up to it now being their birthday, and aging up being their next action. OR they'll keep trying to change their phone cover throughout the day without being told, and the age up will follow that.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sims to age up when they're actually meant to, not the same day I made them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed latest game patch.

I just created and moved in a new sim household, and the very first day playing it tried out the new phone customization options by having the Young Adult change their phone case/cover. The game then abruptly decided it was his birthday, even though it was weeks away a second ago, and immediately aged him up to an Adult. Utterly bewildered, I quit the household and tried them again with the same, but unplayed, household from my gallery. This time changing the phone cover didn't cause him to age up, and his birthday remained in the far future as it should be - but then he spent the rest of the day compulsively attempting to change the phone cover over and over again without being told, even though autonomy is turned off. The fourth time he did it, it once again spontaneously became his birthday, and I couldn't stop hm from aging up immediately after (tried turning off aging and, when that didn't cancel the age up action, resetting the sim via cheat - but that just skipped the age up animation and left me with an Adult).

I have never been so utterly baffled.

Message 1 of 4 (707 Views)

Hero
@alakurielle What age setting are you playing on ? Could be related to the age issue

For the other issue, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sim-keeps-getting-Change-phone-color-action/td-p/116688075

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (660 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Active household only, set to long. I've turned off aging entirely for now to avoid the problem, and used a cheat to be able to age the sim back in a CAS edit. Interestingly, he still frequently tries to change the phone's colour without being told - and the colour has never actually managed to change.

I tried clicking the link you provided, but it just takes me to a page saying I don't have permission to view it.
Message 3 of 4 (639 Views)

Hero
@alakurielle Could just be the issue with the long age setting aging then.

Please check if it still occurs once they patch the big issue.

Sorry about the link. Try this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sim-keeps-getting-Change-phone-color-action/td-p/11668807

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (630 Views)