Re: Changing careers removes vacation days.

by GamerGuySteve

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Changing careers removes vacation days.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

When I changed careers my Sims all lost two vacation days each. Don't know for sure if it's a bug, but it was sure annoying!

Vanilla Deluxe Digital Download game. Outdoor Retreat pack installed. No mods or CC.

Message 1 of 6 (2,620 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Guide

Okay - I have a definitive answer. I have four Sims in the same household. I took vacations days so that each had a different amount 1, 2, 3, and 4. When I changed all of their jobs (and the Sim with one day left, I changed it while he was *on* vacation) - it reset the vacation time to 3 days for all of them. So @Netguysteve is correct - this is not a bug after all.

Prolly shoulda checked it out more carefully before complaining about it!

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (2,792 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (2,616 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Not really sure this is a bug.   When changing jobs, one typically doesn't get to take their accrued vacation days with them.   On the flip side, if you have used all your vacation days and switch careers, you should get the 2 default vacation days as soon as you start the new job.   Essentially, if you want to use your vacation days, use them before chaning jobs. Standard smile

Message 3 of 6 (2,608 Views)

Hero

Not sure I understand this right.

When you start a job, you have a certain amount of vacation days, right ? If you take them, they are dedcuted from your total until it's 0.

When you switch jobs, you should get the same amount of vacation days you had to begin with for your first job (not what you accumumated with your last job). From what I understood, they had 2 less than that (but I could be wrong).

So an example with numbers might be in order here to see what exactly happened to @JasonVega2 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (2,602 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Okay - I have a definitive answer. I have four Sims in the same household. I took vacations days so that each had a different amount 1, 2, 3, and 4. When I changed all of their jobs (and the Sim with one day left, I changed it while he was *on* vacation) - it reset the vacation time to 3 days for all of them. So @Netguysteve is correct - this is not a bug after all.

Prolly shoulda checked it out more carefully before complaining about it!

Message 5 of 6 (2,793 Views)

Hero

Removed then.

Thanks for checking.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (2,588 Views)