Re: Changing banners crashes Anthem after update on XBox, awesome...

by GarinVonLlama

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Changing banners crashes Anthem after update on XBox, awesome...

★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Banner selecion screen.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 04.09.2019 08:22 PM
Summarize your bug Good work Bioware, brand new update and menus that were working fine are now broken. Fanfntastick development testing before dropping to production mates. Now...when I enter the banner screen to look at the group of javs going into match it's defaulting to Common Ranger level 0...when I try to change to a different banner the game crashes to XBox console. Here's a hint Bioware...if you call Microsoft they will actually give you all the drivers you need to develop on this closed platform. There, fixed all future driver issues for you by dropping that 1 tip. Just uninstalled the game until next patch, guess I'll be spending my money on Elite Dangerous or Warframe again...nice try though.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Change a banner...
What happens when the bug occurs? Crashes XBox OS to dashboard smashing game.
What should be happening instead? Should be able to change the banner and check squad without hard crashing my OS...

Good work Bioware, brand new update and menus that were working fine are now broken. Fanfntastick development testing before dropping to production mates. Now...when I enter the banner screen to look at the group of javs going into match it's defaulting to Common Ranger level 0...when I try to change to a different banner the game crashes to XBox console. Here's a hint Bioware...if you call Microsoft they will actually give you all the drivers you need to develop on this closed platform. There, fixed all future driver issues for you by dropping that 1 tip. Just uninstalled the game until next patch, guess I'll be spending my money on Elite Dangerous or Warframe again...nice try though.Guess crashing the game is the price we're paying for finally fixing the score screen...again, 101 game programming...

Message 1 of 9 (1,675 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Nothing changed in the UI, but this morning I was able to successfully change to another Javelin, the powerscore showed properly and I was able to change banner without crash. I had to mess around in the IU 2x getting crashed to dashboard though while tinkering to get it to work. Probably aught to put that on your list of things to fix that were working fine before update. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (1,614 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Nothing changed in the UI, but this morning I was able to successfully change to another Javelin, the powerscore showed properly and I was able to change banner without crash. I had to mess around in the IU 2x getting crashed to dashboard though while tinkering to get it to work. Probably aught to put that on your list of things to fix that were working fine before update. 

Message 2 of 9 (1,615 Views)

★★★ Novice
@GarinVonLlama OK, solid workaround to game crashing to XBOX1 console when trying to change banner (for me). I (NOW) have to go into the change banner screen EVERY MATCH and change the Common Ranger 0 to any other banner forcing the UI to refresh to current javalin to properly show javalin TYPE and POWER LEVEL. If I don't follow that proceedure, drops to XB1 dashboard. Changes to damage are published. Lastly, Bioware, dope game, ty. Apologies for my, "call MS for drivers comment, I know this time it's not the sound card driver Wink. I'm getting more and more map bonk i.e. when I hit map points my screen freezes, but the game kicks in after a sec or 3, the latest is first cataclysm bubble right out of the gate into the Approach, unfortunately. .TYVM for fixing the score screen, let's work to keep it working. It truly can effect a game players interest in playing a game to be able to see their score at the end in competition with their mates. Game parameters 101 pretty much. Game play is def getting better in general, I love playing this game, please keep it coming and we're more likely to use our irl monies for your future profit, if you do.
Message 3 of 9 (1,602 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@GarinVonLlamaOh, but I completely forgot to ask, (please, pretty please) put the new weapons inventory back in vault so I can scrap a new weapon in my cool new vault inventory space instead of deleting it from Forge. Was that intentional? If so, put it back if we're going to be able to keep the new weps. LOL I mean, ffs, if it was meant to stay, do you guys even fn TEST to the console platforms before public distribution? Yeah, not only did you not give us the option of marking an item protected (do not delete) in our own vault, and after having to delete LOTS of my great Legendary weapons to make room for new Cataclysm weapons, but mid-event you smartly and thankfully made another 100 personal inventory for new rolls, all good, glad to have them, it was one of everyone's Anthem pet peeves. ty for listening to the gamer's paying irl monies to play your game, for example, all available chests in Event for increased crystals spent (gametime), good decision on your part to satisfy players. Good work, keep it up.

Message 4 of 9 (1,598 Views)

★★★ Novice
@GarinVonLlama lol, spoke to fast, game just froze/hung in the choose banner window. oh well, least I can start game, inventory up and then play this game a little better sometimes when I want to, "Stronger Together."
Message 5 of 9 (1,592 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I experienced this too. Playing on PC.

Try changing banner and then game crash.

Restart the game, now my banner show 0 power level and Common Javelin.

Try to change banner and it works.

But now, the false banner Common Javelin 0 power level is stay there and the UI won't fixed if I restart the game.

Often players who matchmake with me, leave the mission because they thought I am low level player.

Please fix.

Message 6 of 9 (1,508 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I believe the power level 0 bug has to do with the guild system. I was experiencing all the same issues until I left the guild I joined. 

Message 7 of 9 (1,377 Views)

★ Pro

I am a member of a guild and I have not been bitten by this bug so far. I have not changed my banner in months either.

Message 8 of 9 (1,363 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I left my phone app guild, and that solved the banner problem for me.

Message 9 of 9 (1,014 Views)