Changes not in the update log and new bugs

by JoxerTM22

Original Post

Changes not in the update log and new bugs

★★★★ Guide

An info post since Crinrict seems not nearby...

Bugfixes and features that are not mentioned in the update log:

- Grafting issues are all fixed (additinally fixes previously impossible to reach For The Hoard achievement)

- Drinking coffee now adds energized moodlet

- Renaissance Sim aspiration requirements on several steps are changed thus is now solvable for all sims

- Added buydebug cheat

Bugs that are introduced with the update (and solutions for some):

- Instant age up (on the cake) doesn't work if aging is off plus other problems with aging - simguru posted on thesims forum they're aware of the problem and will fix it as soon as possible

- Writing aspiration writing block requirement is now changed into reading 1 book in the library - but the actual requirement is still writer's block, details:
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/791959/read-a-book-at-the-library#latest

- Making drinks last spot is broken - you can't make shadow drink or if you sort drinks per price any drink that goes on that place (confident potion on master mixologist)

- Grapes value in inventory changes over time for whatever unknown reason

- Active aspirations upon game loading got "stuck" and counters are not increasing (usually renaissance sim and party animal), WoWLynnia made a step by step solution for this issue:
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12789875#Comment_12789875

- Unknown reason causes solid purple lens on ingame sim avatar glasses for some players, suspected Intel HD graphics, SweetieKaye provided a screenshot:
http://i58.tinypic.com/2eeaq9y.png

- Sims are trying to sleep or woohoo in another bed and not the one they were instructed to, or are trying to repair another facility of the same type instead of the broken one, or are using another PC instead of the one they were instructed to use - currently the only solution is to sell all items of the same type and buy new ones

- For some players new dialogs and actions are not displayed properly but are a mix of numbers, letters and special symbols - the only solution is game reinstallation (Origin repair option won't solve the problem)

- The text on two new achievements is incorrect considering the requirement (I'll make a separate post on achievements generally)

Message 1 of 6 (2,533 Views)

Re: Changes not in the update log and new bugs

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Crin back or not?

Update on two things:

- routing problems where sims refuse to use the correct bed or something usually corrected by selling items and buying new ones, can be also fixed by just sending them to another lot and then back home (in another words, loadscreens don't just cause errors by deleting data but sometimes can also help!)

- solid purple lens bug is caused by laptop mode on. to "cure" the problem till it's fixed via another patch, laptop mode has to be set off. the problem will then disappear after about 15 minutes of playing the game. to make it correct itself faster, a player can after disabling laptop mode, delete game cache:

http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Also, the thread about achievements issues postpatch is here, I forgot to add it in the first post when I made it:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Broken-and-quot-broken-quot-achievements/m-p/3693481

Message 2 of 6 (2,393 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Crinrict is back, awsome.

Can someone please kick this thread into the section:

• The Sims 4 Bug Reports

Thanks.

Message 3 of 6 (2,337 Views)

Hero

Bit usure if you expect me to do anything with this thread. Nice of you to keep a list while I was gone but I'm a bit at loss of what to do with it now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (2,307 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Dunno.

Since you were not here I've made it as a temporary postpatch info thread till you're back.

It can still be good for those who search for cause of some problems or solutions (for example solid purple lens bug is caused by laptop mode so till the next patch people can get rid of it by turning laptop mode off).

Maybe the best option is to lock it and let it get burried. :D

EDIT:

New update is up, one of fixes is:

- Fixed an improper string update which resulted in the 1st goal of the Writing aspiration informing you that you should "Read 1 Book at the Library," rather than the correct goal of "Beat Writer's Block". Odd that the writing aspiration had an error in the text.

So this thread definetly needs a lock as at least one of issues is corrected.

If the new update brought some new bugs, well... I'll return with a new post. Wink

Message 5 of 6 (2,297 Views)

Hero

I can just leave this open and you can edit your first post with stuff you find.

I won't be reading it though. It's better if you use the appropriate threads to add stuff to bugs or make a new thread for new bugs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (2,281 Views)