by MadameNordica

Original Post

Changes made to home revert to og after traveling to different lot

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.86.166.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all but except bust the dust which I have indefinitely disabled
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Edit your lot 2. have your pregnant sim go into labor 3. go to the hospital to have the baby
What happens when the bug occurs? the game does NOT autosave for going to the hospital to have a baby. WHY?
What do you expect to see? I expect the game to auto save when I go to have a baby at the hospital the same way it does when I travel to any other lot. I shouldn't have to save before going to have a baby.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I've had MULTIPLE last exceptions, glitches and crashes since you added the Neighborhood Stories feature

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.86.166.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all but except bust the dust which I have indefinitely disabled
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Edit your lot 2. have your pregnant sim go into labor 3. go to the hospital to have the baby
What happens when the bug occurs? the game does NOT autosave for going to the hospital to have a baby. WHY?
What do you expect to see? I expect the game to auto save when I go to have a baby at the hospital the same way it does when I travel to any other lot. I shouldn't have to save before going to have a baby.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I've had MULTIPLE last exceptions, glitches and crashes since you added the Neighborhood Stories feature

So last night I was playing my legacy and my 3rd gen heir was about to have their first child so I expanded the house. and got my lot prepared for their wedding the next day. 

So my heir's fiance went into labor when i was done and we went to the hospital to have the baby, came back and All my changes were GONE! Even the chicks that had hatched were back in their shells. The garden was back to needing harvesting (I've been having issues with the garden lately anyway) - I still had harvested flowers in my sim's inventory which seems to have caused a last exception according to Twisted Mexi's Better Exceptions.

Super frustrating. And again, I'm not prompted to fill out the form and no idea how to get to it. Last time I fudged the form I was chastised for it, so I didn't try the first time, now it is suddenly appearing.

Message 1 of 6 (764 Views)

Re: Changes made to home revert to og after traveling to different lot

Hero

If you're not prompted, just add the answers to your questions manually to the post. We all have to deal with this.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

This sounds like the game wasn't able to 'save' the progress when the exception hit. Did you save your game before going to the hospital ?

Please also add the LE to your post (the one in the doc folder not, TM's version)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (710 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@crinrict I tried multiple times to upload the last exception, but it says the text doesn't match the extension and won't take it. Also, there are 2 LE reports that are fairly close together time wise and I'm not exactly certain which one is the right one.

Screenshot 2022-04-05 182854.png

Message 3 of 6 (680 Views)

Hero
@MadameNordica It's because they contain XML. You can find instructions on how to upload/share them here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/3445427#M181737 (under Additional Info)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (658 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict It seems I have this issue too but it started as soon as I downloaded the 3/15/2022 update. When I would save and exit the game, go into CAS or travel my lot changes would go back to its default state. I think this bug definitely has something to do with this update and I hope EA fixes it ASAP because I can't play when it acts up like this.
Message 5 of 6 (567 Views)

Hero
@APP06238 That sounds more like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Lots-randomly-revert-back-to-defaults/m-p/8926178#...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (562 Views)