Challenges: Left out in the cold. Bugg

by DeXZoR

Original Post

Re: Challenges: Left out in the cold. Bugg

★★★★ Pro
@DeXZoR Supposedly the patch notes said the challenge would auto complete if you entered freeplay, not that you would now be able to pick up bugged ones. If that didn’t happen, that that is what they need to know.
Message 11 of 25 (820 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Well it did not auto complet and it took 1 of the ones i head pick upp and reseted that one Writhe

Message 12 of 25 (803 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Just keeping this thread hot.

@DeXZoR The exact same thing happened to me as well. You might want to update the report stating that the patch hasn't fixed it yet.

By the way, I have received the Icetide Banner reward, without Left Out In The Cold or Frost master being completed. So the situation is a bit more complicated than an incomplete challenge.

These are the things I tried:

Go to Freeplay

Go to Freeplay with different javelins

Go to Freeplay in all 6 game modes

Unequip the Icetide banner and go to freeplay

Simply hold the interact key while being near all 10 of the wreaths

Repair the game

Reinstall the game

Repair the game after reinstalling the game

I have tried everything I possibly could except start a new pilot (I know that it works). Unfortunately, I'm one of those who gets immersed in the story while playing, so starting a new pilot will keep me distracted from Icetide,and possibly other things I do. I may start one in mid-February.

I know that the devs won't let anyone stay unrewarded, especially after completing the challenges. For now, I patiently wait.

Message 13 of 25 (785 Views)

@redlightarc1  I answered that on your other post...

"creating a new pilot won't take you long...the fastest way is to get invited to freeplay by a friend strait after creating it....finish the challenge quickly and go back to your original pilot.

20 / 30 minutes and you'll be done" Standard smile

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 14 of 25 (763 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Valhalla-strider Yeah. I was just keeping the post relevant. That's all.
Message 15 of 25 (726 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @DeXZoR thanks for the report! 

Did you check that you did not have any wreath left to collect?

Also, do you have any screenshots or videos showing what wraiths are missing? It helps a ton for us! 

Thanks! 

/Atic

Message 16 of 25 (673 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Good day Atic Standard smile So it says i have 2 left on High Road but you cant see them seans i have collected all off them. They all have the lifghts on 

Message 17 of 25 (663 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@DeXZoR I can also confirm I am having a similar issue to what Dexzor is having.
Before 1.6.2, I had all areas complete for this challenge, except Eastern Reach and High Road, both were 9/10 even with all 10 wreaths collected in each area.
After 1.6.2, when I reentered Freeplay, Eastern Reach was completed 10/10. But High Road was not completed, still 9/10. I then went back and checked all wreaths in High Road to double check I had in fact gathered all of them. Then I found a wreath that I was sure had found previous. It was the wreath just to your left as you enter Freeplay from the Fort Tarsis fast travel point. I then collected the wreath thinking that the achievement would complete, but it never did.
This "lost wreath" seems to have been reset just so I could gather it again, but even after gathering it, High Road still is sitting at 9/10 even with all 10 wreaths collected in the High Road area.
As the end of IceTide nears, if I have to create another pilot and complete the achievement that way I will, but I would rather not have to create a new pilot to get an achievement that I already should have.
Message 18 of 25 (642 Views)

★★ Novice

@DeXZoR  after our little chat in stream and with a couple of other Anthem streamers I too have this same issue.

It shows i have completed the the "left out in the cold" challenge.

In Forge under appearance it shows that i have a new "paint" but nothing new is showing

I've restarted the game and I've repaired the game with no resolve

Yes I've heard of this creating a new JAV to fix the issue...but the point is that we shouldn't have to create a new JAV to fix such an issue and it needs to be resolved

Message 19 of 25 (530 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@SuppleGeniusVIIAnd yet, even tho it would be ideal for the bug to get fixed, there might not be time for this to happen. Especially since they already attempted one fix. So if you really want to finish it, a second pilot would probably do the trick, and would likely take less time than running the Temple of Scar seasonal stronghold. Just have a friend invite you to a group and take you to freeplay immediately after finishing the two intro missions. I'd be happy to invite you so you could get this done.

Message 20 of 25 (510 Views)