Re: Challenge Battle not Triggered

by EA_HighCommand

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Challenge Battle not Triggered

★★★★ Guide

Product: Command & Conquer: Rivals
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) 7s plus
OS Version 12.1.2
What is your Player ID? nyarumi
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug I'm fighting this lv60 opponent who has scarabs that I don't have. It should be a challenge battle.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know since it rarely happens
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

here is a video:

Message 1 of 5 (471 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Live QV Team

Hi @xrmiao4,

I've checked with the team and this was actually working as intended. A challenge battle for unknown units will only trigger now when you are below the level of the unit your opponent is using. Since you were level 46 and Scarabs unlock at level 44, you already unlocked them level-wise, despite you haven't received them yet. That was the reason why it wasn't a challenge battle. Would your opponent have used Avatars for example, then it would have been a challenge battle. I hope this makes sense.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (407 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hi @xrmiao4 and thank you for the report.

We've recently made some changes around challenge battles (full details can be found HERE) and how they are triggered and what rewards you get.

Looking at your replay (well played and thanks for that btw!) it should have been a challenge battle for sure. Unfortunately, the replay isn't showing that anymore, whereby the real battle screen itself still has that information. Since challenge battles don't award double medals anymore, you should have gotten bonus experience. Let me know if that helps.

Message 2 of 5 (450 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Really, a earlier replay of mine still shows challenge battle. So you changed that as well?

Message 3 of 5 (438 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

nvm....please ignore that part. It wasn't showing it yesterday for me, but it's back today. Sorry for the confusion.

I've flagged this for further investigation now.

Message 4 of 5 (426 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @xrmiao4,

I've checked with the team and this was actually working as intended. A challenge battle for unknown units will only trigger now when you are below the level of the unit your opponent is using. Since you were level 46 and Scarabs unlock at level 44, you already unlocked them level-wise, despite you haven't received them yet. That was the reason why it wasn't a challenge battle. Would your opponent have used Avatars for example, then it would have been a challenge battle. I hope this makes sense.

Message 5 of 5 (408 Views)