Re: Caustic ultimate not detonating correctly (clipping through walls)

by EA_David

Original Post

Caustic ultimate not detonating correctly (clipping through walls)

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? JohnDoe
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Caustic
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Fragment in the building next to the lava/brige with the beacon on it (ground floor elevator)
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. using ultimate
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 2
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Caustic throws his gas bomb and either it does not deploy as expected (perhaps travelling further or less distance than expected). On occasions, after the bomb is throw, it travelled through a wall and the gas has been deployed in an unplayable part of the map (between walls) i threw a gas bomb into the elevator shaft and it didn't hit anyone, it went through the wall
What should be happening instead? the gas should detonate where you throw it and bounce of walls, not clip through walls
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? throw alot of gas bombs towards enemies in tight rooms to see the gas bomb noclip into the wall

Caustic throws his gas bomb and either it does not deploy as expected (perhaps travelling further or less distance than expected).

On occasions, after the bomb is thrown, it travelled through a wall and the gas has been deployed in an unplayable part of the map (between walls)

i threw a gas bomb into the elevator shaft and it didn't hit anyone, it went through the wall and enemies in the shaft were unharmed from the gas

Message 1 of 3 (161 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager
@butth0l3surf3r Thanks for the post. Would you happen to have a clip of this happening at any point? It's ok if not, but having it would be a plus.
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 3 (132 Views)

★ Novice

I dont have a clip of it happening to me, but ive seen it happen on youtube

check this video (starts at 8 seconds)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgPbeGxKnrM

Message 3 of 3 (102 Views)