Re: Caustic's Ultimate Clips Out Sometimes.

by WoahItsTea

Original Post

Caustic's Ultimate Clips Out Sometimes.

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? WoahItsTea
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Caustic
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Containment, The Cage, Bunker
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Using an ability
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 29/07/19 13:25
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Caustic's Ultimate - Gas Grenade - sometimes clips into or through certain entities on the map, causing it to not function correctly with players being able to walk through the gas without being effected by it.
What should be happening instead? The Gas Grenade should bounce off these entities as it does with other surfaces and land on the ground and both activate normally and effect players in the gas.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Throwing a Gas grenade at the foot of a leviathan, under one of the SUV trucks, under certain staircases ( especially at Bunker ), the bottom floor ramp at The Cage or under the jets at Airbase should reproduce the bugged effect mentioned before.

Caustic's Ultimate - Gas Grenade - sometimes will clip into or through certain entities or areas on the map. In particular: if you throw a Gas grenade at the foot of a leviathan, under an SUV Truck, under a Jet like the ones at Airbase, at certain staircases (especially the Bunker stairs) or at the bottom floor ramp at The Cage, the Grenade will clip through these instead of bouncing off them or rolling under them and after activating will bug out and not effect any players who walk through the gas. 

It doesn't happen often as the places where it can happen are very specific but when it does it has had a major impact on gameplay due to how important Caustic's ultimate is to the flow of a battle.

Message 1 of 7 (785 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, @WoahItsTea 

If you happen to come across this would you be able to take screenshots or record a clip of where this happened? The team is always interested in seeing these reports so they can make corrections to the map and if those are provided it can make it easier for the QA team to replicate the spot where it's not triggering the gas.

Thank you for the help!

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 7 (701 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry  I will try and record some clips of it happening and bring them back to this thread. As of making the original post I have also noticed Gas Grenades glitching out in certain walls too and will try and show them as well.

Thanks for the response!

Message 3 of 7 (690 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry  Here is a video of a few instances of my reported glitch.

Message 4 of 7 (672 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for putting together that video! I feel like the gas grenades going through the stairs seems very realistic but would be rough to experience in a heated battle within Bunker. 

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 7 (634 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Bumping this thread back to the front page again. 

Over this past month I have encountered this same problem around 10 more times with the most recent encounter being today when I lost a game coming 2nd place after my Gas Ultimate rolled under an SUV, activated and didn't effect any player nor provide any gas cover for me. I would've caught the last 2 players in this gas who were weak from fighting 2 squads. 

I would really like this issue to be fixed in the next update.

Message 6 of 7 (575 Views)

bumping thread for visibility.

Message 7 of 7 (541 Views)