Caterer made foods are not leftovers

by ravencoal

Original Post

Caterer made foods are not leftovers

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ​EPs: All EPs except Eco; GPs: Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Vampires, Jungle Adventure, Spa Day; SPs: Bowling Night, Spooky, Kids Room, Toddler, Luxury Party, Vintage Glamour, Movie Night, Nifty Knitting, Backyard, Romantic Garden
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Host an event (in my case, it was a goaled house party) and hire a caterer. After the party, have sims put away the food made by the caterer (not sure if it has or needs a separate report, but catered foods also are immune to "Hand of God" play), which will store them in the fridge
What happens when the bug occurs? If there are no other foods in the fridge besides the catered food, there is no "get leftovers" option on the fridge. To feed a sim you must either click the autofill option, or manually open the fridge and choose "grab a serving" from a stack of food.
What do you expect to see? Catered foods should be marked as leftovers that can be retrieved using the "get leftovers" option.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.75.125

As above, sims cannot retrieve catered foods from the fridge via the "get leftovers" option. If there are no homemade leftovers the option simply does not exist. There are ways of working around it, it's just mildly annoying. I tested without mods and got the same result. I'm not seeing any existing threads on this issue.

Message 1 of 3 (343 Views)

Re: Caterer made foods are not leftovers

Champion

I think the larger problem might be “caterer made foods are still owned by the caterer” and not by the party’s host who paid them to cook. So you can’t drag them to your sim’s fridge or tell your sim to put the platter in their inventory to take home. I’ve not noticed the leftovers bug specifically, but I don’t think I’ve ever had just a caterer’s food in there except for when a member of the household was the caterer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 2 of 3 (301 Views)

Re: Caterer made foods are not leftovers

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, I realized after that it's probably a result of the way the game handles catered food, and that I've probably never been in this situation myself before. It does seem the game recognizes that the food belongs to the house, just not to any of the sims living in it if the caterer was a sim outside the household. 

Message 3 of 3 (286 Views)