Re: Caterer Sims and Nanny Sims not cooking

by crinrict

Original Post

Caterer Sims and Nanny Sims not cooking

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series X
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.39.2310
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL besides some kits, the star wars one and the second pets pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By hiring caterers and nannies on Xbox or Xbox series X while having kids.
What happens when the bug occurs? The nanny will stand there and do nothing while all the kids are starving and the caterers will go and wander the house rather than cooking. You'll be lucky to see a single meal after 6+ in game hours.
What do you expect to see? Caterers to cook continuously and nannies to support the needs of the children (especially toddlers and babies)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The Sims that are nannies and caterers will not cook food for the life of them, no matter the kitchen size, orientation, the amount of clutter or the amount of Sims.

I don't know when exactly this happened for me as it's been a problem for a little while, but the new pack/update definitely made it worse and a lot more noticeable.

Message 1 of 6 (2,347 Views)

Hero
@FruitTinkler There's a thread for the caterer here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Hired-Caterer-doesn-t-cook/td-p/10381381

Does the nanny do other things ?

There's a general thread for nannies not doing their job: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Maids-And-Nannies-Don-t-Do-Their-Jobs-Show-Up/td-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (2,332 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@FruitTinkler  Are you using the Simple Living lot challenge? I notice if I have that on, my nannies, caterers and butlers won't cook.

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 3 of 6 (2,290 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey nannies won't do much other than stand still or wander the house. Sometimes they'll watch TV or interact with a kid, but a lot of the time they leave the home and I didn't realise until my toddler walked across the neighbourhood to simply ask for a bath (which the nanny didn't do).

It's strange, but I haven't used nannies in a while so I don't know exactly when this started happening. All I know is they're MIA and let the babies and toddlers starve and get taken away while I'm at work.

Message 4 of 6 (2,278 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've noticed that too, but I'm not using it on this household. I do however use the reduce reuse and recycle lot trait and the filthy lot trait.

Message 5 of 6 (2,277 Views)

Hero
@FruitTinkler Please use the two threads linked above then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (2,255 Views)