Re: Cataclysm, Castle Kelrik Stagger Bug in animation cause you to drop Canister

by Abonafide

Original Post

Re: Cataclysm, Castle Kelrik Stagger Bug in animation cause you to drop Canister

★★★★★ Novice
@Lazeerer I just wanna say thank you for trouble shooting this and finding this out because this has been happening to me all week and its annoying af.
Message 21 of 27 (583 Views)

Re: Cataclysm, Castle Kelrik Bug! Bombs & Relics getting Destroyed after com

★★★★★ Novice
@Lazeerer I'd also like to add this happens to me the exact same way on PS4, except I can pick up relics, I just cant pick up bombs for some reason therefore I can never do the Grabbit and end up losing a chunk of points so this bug is highly annoying tbh.
Message 22 of 27 (581 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I've lost bombs inside caves where lightning isn't mapped to occur at all and it if had to do with spots mapped to have lightning strikes they would be far more random. I carried 3 bombs to the grabbit pressure plate only to have every single one go off my person directly in front it while there were at dozens of spots where potential lightning strikes could have occurred in between.

Message 23 of 27 (542 Views)

★ Guide

@Neiloch wrote:

I've lost bombs inside caves where lightning isn't mapped to occur at all and it if had to do with spots mapped to have lightning strikes they would be far more random. I carried 3 bombs to the grabbit pressure plate only to have every single one go off my person directly in front it while there were at dozens of spots where potential lightning strikes could have occurred in between.

Just because you dont see it doesn't mean it wasn't lightning. ive paid really close attention to this as you can tell. :P lol

Next time you play when you're flying around. Look at all the diffrent types of lightning in the game. You will see these lightning effects that Dont hit the ground. They are very faint. "Note sure if graphic settings has any impact on this on what you see etc but i play on ultra setting at 3440x1440"

I can assure you it has something to do with it. "Or the effect of the lightning as someone said the collision"

Also Lightning does go into the caves. Ive seen it many times. Though its less likely but ive seen it. maybe not intended but its there. Bad coding not intended more then likely...

Grabbit kings crystal pressure plate. The steps there have a predetermined spot where lighting always hits and does an electric effect jumping all around on the steps. its heavy lightning aswell at times along with random light strikes. If you time it right and lucky enough you can land on the steps at times but iam never fast enough to drop the bomb before it comes back and destroys it. You got lucky that you dint get hit. Thats pretty much it. Dont believe me? Next time dont go to the steps and just walk around or stand in one spot and eventually you will get hit.

Again this is why i have said in this thread so many time if you are quick and lucky enough you can do some. While some spots have lightning almost all the time and is un avoidable.

Dominion vault also has this to the right of of the water pool by the hump. "Usually if a random strike doesn't get you this does"

There is lightning that doesnt hit the ground,Lightning that hits the ground and makes this electric spread effect and lightning that hits the ground and explodes.

I can say that 90% of the time its the random lite  lightning that you cant really see that gets you and or if you step into these predetermined areas.

If you are at these predetermined spot at the exact time when they strike you will lose the canister and these spots alomost have a lightning striking there 100% of the time if not heavy a light random strike that you cant see till its too late..

Ive kinda learned where to walk around and what not to do for most of the stuff now and if luck is on my side and i dont get struck randomly i can usually make most of the secrets. Except for grabbit king. I havnt gone for dominion vault in a while. usually let someone else do that.

But i can give you guys a tip for grabbit kings that ive been doing recently when i notice my team is not so much on the up and up and i will probably have to do the puzzle and most all secrets. When you get to Castle Kelrik Dont touch any of the relics. When you fly in go to map and respawn. it will respawn you right above the grabbit kings bomb. Jump down do the bomb then go do the puzzle. When you are ready to finally do grabbit king, go down do the generator do the other 2 pressure plates and then just fly stright to the crystal pressure plate. You will notice that the crystal has re-appeared and in the way of the pressure plate agian. "No worries walk very close to the right side of the crystal attempting to walk on the pressure plate and it will activate" Still can do grabbit king :D

Message 24 of 27 (533 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

So this is interesting. I just got the bug in a Gm2 pickup because of course no one else wants to finish the castle kelrik event. Oddly enough it only gave me problems in proximity to the grabbit pressure plate and I successfully blew up 2 other gemstones and opened the dominion vault (walking through lightning) before the rest of the group killed Vara (ugh).

One thing I noticed however is my javelin score on the social window was 718. I didn't change equipment before entering and I was 920. Did not change equipment during the expedition either. Would have interested to see if I had that score before the bug but I didn't look at it then.

If you do get the problem another workaround is dropping the bomb mid air, it will drop in the position it would as if you went straight down.

I would be more inclined to believe its something to do with lightning if I have ever lost a load while getting hit by lightning outside the bug, which I have not.

Message 25 of 27 (517 Views)

★ Guide

I just want to give an Update to this.

It appears to me that this has been fixed. "Atleast on PC"

For the past few days i have done Castle Kelrik Puzzle and have not lost a single bomb,relic or even grabbit kings bomb after completing it!

So i just want to say i think Bioware fixed it. Good Job! So you guys should not run into this problem anymore.

Message 26 of 27 (1,310 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Lazeerer wrote:

I just want to give an Update to this.

It appears to me that this has been fixed. "Atleast on PC"

For the past few days i have done Castle Kelrik Puzzle and have not lost a single bomb,relic or even grabbit kings bomb after completing it!

So i just want to say i think Bioware fixed it. Good Job! So you guys should not run into this problem anymore.

Yep, was coming here to say something to this effect. I've been trying to make the bug occur, doing the castle puzzle every time just getting beat on every which way, haven't bugged yet.

I imagine lots of people are working on the game and you can't list every resolved issue from jira/hansoft or w/e you use but stuff like this in the notes would make people happy. You don't have to publicize bugs getting fixed when it wasn't well known but this one would have been a good candidate for the patch notes.

Message 27 of 27 (409 Views)