Cataclysm, Castle Kelrik Bug! Bombs & Relics getting Destroyed after completing!

by Lazeerer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cataclysm, Castle Kelrik Bug! Bombs & Relics getting Destroyed after completing!

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number CPU-6700K GPU-1080TI 32GB Ram 256GB NVME OS 2TD SSD for Games PSU 1200 P2 Custom water cooled
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32GB 3200mhz
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Mission
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on? Cataclysm
What was your chosen difficulty level? Grandmaster 3
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Ranger
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Castle Kelrik
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) can happen any time
Summarize your bug PLEASE READ POST #3 AND ALL POSTS I MADE ON THE FIRST 2 PAGES FOR FURTHER CLEAR INFORMATION ON THIS BUG. On Castle Kelrik If you pick up a Relic and are the one doing the puzzle you will get bugged were bombs/crystal, any of the 2 green circle relics on the center main beach and or dominion vault relics they will get destroyed after just taking a few steps and wont re-spawn! So once bugged you would attempt to pick up a Bomb or relic "the yellow canister is on your back now" then you take a few steps and it gets destroyed. Like a bolt of lightning hits you and its gone and wont re-spawn. Only happens to me when i pick up a relic or do the puzzle at castle kelrik. It also gave me trouble with fast traveling with the portals. On some it would not give me the option to hold F but on others it did. (Note: Dominion Vault and the 2 green circle relics on the first beach and specifically Grabbit Kings bomb. If you have this Bug and pick up any of these Relics/bombs and it gets destroyed It will NOT re-spawn making it impossible for your teammates to finish.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Castle Kelrik Grab one of the relics or do the puzzle. If done correctly you will be bugged and many bombs and relics will get destroyed after picking them up and taking a few steps. Picking up a Bomb/Crystal Or relic from one of the green Circles and it will get destroy after just a few steps taken. "looks like lightning strikes you" and its destroyed Grabbit kings bomb will get destroyed every time you go on the steps to place the bomb in front of the crystal/pressure plate.
What happens when the bug occurs? 1) After just a few steps after picking up a bomb, relic for one of the green circles or Dominion vault it will get destroyed and you will lose the yellow canister you had. 2) Some of the portal did not allow me to use.
What should be happening instead? Nothing. Bombs,Relics should not be getting destroyed.

!!!PLEASE READ THE THREAD FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT THIS BUG!!!

Message 1 of 27 (1,792 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cataclysm, Castle Kelrik Stagger Bug in animation cause you to drop Canister

★ Guide

I just want to give an Update to this.

It appears to me that this has been fixed. "Atleast on PC"

For the past few days i have done Castle Kelrik Puzzle and have not lost a single bomb,relic or even grabbit kings bomb after completing it!

So i just want to say i think Bioware fixed it. Good Job! So you guys should not run into this problem anymore.

View in thread

Message 26 of 27 (1,325 Views)

All Replies

Re: Cataclysm, Castle Kelrik Stagger Bug in animation cause you to drop Canister

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Fallow Up:

OK So pretty much if you are the person doing the Puzzle and picking up the relics you are without a doubt going to get bugged. I just ran 5 cata runs and did the puzzle 4 out of the 5 times and 4 of the times i got bugged.

They really really need to fix this ASAP because that pretty much takes away 1 of your teammates from helping with all the secrets afterwards.

Best Advice i can give until it gets fixed is:

1) Make sure to destroy all 3 turrets.

2) Make sure there is no wolves around you when you are picking up or placing a relic

3) Make sure you dont have any brutes around or fire elements when picking up or placing a relic

Iam not even sure anymore if its just during picking up or placing the relics. it could also be if you are just carrying the relic "Yellow canister" and get staggered that you will get bugged.

The one doing the puzzle will be bugged

Because 3 out of the 4x when i got staggered i dint lose the yellow relic canister but when i went to pick up a crystal bomb took a few steps it instantly got destroyed and this time the bomb did not re appear. "On the 3rd plate for grabbit king"

Please Bioware fix this or remove this event!. 

Spread the word guys that this is bugged.

Message 2 of 27 (1,734 Views)

★ Guide

Final Fallow Up on this BUG!

No stagger is required as i original thought. No placing or removing of the relic is required either.

If you Pick up any of the relics during this event/arena you will get bugged. Doesn't matter if you try to place it,drop it or do whatever. Once you touch and pick up one of the relic's at Castle Kelrik you will become bugged and as i stated above,

-Crystal Bombs will explode on you after a few steps taken  "Including the Grabbit King bomb that will explode on you right at the steps of the crystal"

-Relics form the Dominion Vault and the 2 Green Circle Relics on the main beach will also be destroyed.

........and none will respawn.

Note:

There isn't anything i found that you can do to fix this bug during your run. So if you end up having to do the Puzzle because no one on your team knows or wants to do it, then  Please be kind enough to not touch any of the bombs or relics for the secrets and leave that up to your teammates. You can still do the shaper spheres,kill NPC's,pick up time ruins and statue pressure plates or go work on vara. So you can still be of great help to the team rather then doing damage to the run by getting a bomb or relic destroyed causing the team to not be able to complete that secret.

So thats going to be my last update. I hope Bioware sees this and fixes it ASAP.

Message 3 of 27 (1,552 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Lazeerer just to add a bit. I do not think that Castle Kelrik is the trigger for this bug. I've done multiple runs where I have done both the Kelrik puzzle, the grabbit pad bomb, and the beach relics all after the puzzle.

Instead, I believe it's a collision detection bug. Particularly an aerial collision problem. This needs to be addressed soon because Anthem has these collision physics everywhere. If this is indeed the case, even landing from a jump could trigger this.
Message 4 of 27 (1,487 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@WhiteF8ng wrote:
@Lazeererjust to add a bit. I do not think that Castle Kelrik is the trigger for this bug. I've done multiple runs where I have done both the Kelrik puzzle, the grabbit pad bomb, and the beach relics all after the puzzle.

Instead, I believe it's a collision detection bug. Particularly an aerial collision problem. This needs to be addressed soon because Anthem has these collision physics everywhere. If this is indeed the case, even landing from a jump could trigger this.

Could be...

I dint want to say bc i dint want people to try it and ruin runs over there curiosity, but even if you do the puzzle and become bugged if you are careful and know exactly where to step you can do "SOME" of the bombs,relics and grabbit king etc.

Some of the bombs and Relics can still be completed. Not every time but you can take your chances if no one else is doing them.

For Example the Green circle relic by the very First Event usually you can still do that one because its a short walk from the relic. Grabbit King Bomb you can also still do by not getting too close to the crystal when placing the bomb.

Also there are a couple more bombs/crystals you can do.

But the green relic that is next to the echo sphere on the center main beach "you know the longer run one" cannot be done and also dominion vault cannot be done. Those will get destroyed every time.

IMO and testing the bug has something to do with touching the relics at castle Kelrik. Ive tested it many ways. if you pick up one of the relics you get this bug. But iam no expert.

When Bugged The Animation given when a bomb or relic gets destroyed on your back is the same animation when you walk through the force wall at casja's forge and lose the relic.

I only get bugged when i touch the relics at castle. If i dont touch them i wont be bugged. Iam not sure if its every relic that bugs you or a certain one but ive tested just picking one up and going straight to a bomb and it still bugs me. it could also have something to do with the Force wall that is locking the 3rd and 4th relic behind.

and i haven't heard Bioware acknowledge this in the week since i posted it so TBH iam done spending time on it.

But probably there is some truth to what you said too. "maybe the force walls" But from the amount of times ive ran the cata done the puzzle,watched others do the puzzle aswell as streams, Always the people that touch the relics and do the puzzle get bugged.

What exactly causes it IDK but iam pretty sure it has something to do with the relics/puzzle. Ive never been bugged otherwise.

Message 5 of 27 (1,456 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for doing all the leg work on this one. I hope this gets addressed.

Message 6 of 27 (1,435 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Lazeerer But this bug was present before Kelrik was unlocked. The relic puzzle, the beach puzzle. Grabbit bomb. u name it, it's happened to me at least once for all of them. This is the only reason I don't think Kelrik puzzle is the cause. If they end up looking into this, hopefully they look at both the Kelrik puzzle & the interaction of the player hitboxes while carrying objects.
Message 7 of 27 (1,370 Views)

★ Guide

@WhiteF8ng wrote:
@LazeererBut this bug was present before Kelrik was unlocked. The relic puzzle, the beach puzzle. Grabbit bomb. u name it, it's happened to me at least once for all of them. This is the only reason I don't think Kelrik puzzle is the cause. If they end up looking into this, hopefully they look at both the Kelrik puzzle & the interaction of the player hitboxes while carrying objects.

Yeah i hope so too that they look into both.

What sucks too is it dint get fixed with this weeks update sadly and they haven't commented yet on it which is disappointing. I hope it gets fixed as its very anoyying to work around when you are playing with random groups.

Message 8 of 27 (1,308 Views)

★★ Pro

I encounter what should be a bug at The Dominion Vault near Diana's Landing that is similar to what you are describing.

For your reference: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Dominion-Vault-near-Diana-s-Landing-Getting-Struck-by-L...

Basically I cannot complete the Dominion Vault Secret because I think I get Struck by Lightning and I get stripped of the Relic and cannot replace the Stripped Relic and then I have to abandon the Dominion Vault Secret.

I am not sure if it is a bug but just adding this info for the Devs usage, hope we can get a fix, thanks!

Message 9 of 27 (1,291 Views)

★ Guide

@Reposter wrote:

I encounter what should be a bug at The Dominion Vault near Diana's Landing that is similar to what you are describing.

For your reference: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Dominion-Vault-near-Diana-s-Landing-Getting-Struck-by-L...

Basically I cannot complete the Dominion Vault Secret because I think I get Struck by Lightning and I get stripped of the Relic and cannot replace the Stripped Relic and then I have to abandon the Dominion Vault Secret.

I am not sure if it is a bug but just adding this info for the Devs usage, hope we can get a fix, thanks!

Where you the one that did the Puzzle or did you touch any of the relics at Castle Kelrik event?

Yes though this is the exact bug i describe. It looks like a lightning bold hits you and the Relic on dominion Vault Or the 2 green relics on the main beach disappear. They will never respawn. happens to Bombs too.

Note: you also sometimes dont see a lightning bolt but the animation of it breaking the yellow canister off your person.

As i recommended before, if you do the Puzzle and or touch any of the relics at Castle Kelrik Please do not do Dominion vault or the 2 green relics on the main center beach bc it will ruin your run and your teammates will not be able to complete it either. Only try to do it if you have too if no one is doing it. Also do not do the Bomb for Grabbit kings pressure plate. -----Those 4 secrets again:

-Dominion Vault

-2 Green Relic circles on the center main beach

-Grabbit Kings Bomb pressure plate

Those 4 secrets are almost guaranteed to bug on you. Some Bombs/crystals will also bug on you.

Further as i said there is still plenty you can do if you do the Puzzle to help the team out. You can kill stuff, you can do the echo shaper spheres, statue pressure plates and even work on Vara. These things will still work and you can still contribute to the team.

Only after you do these things if you see that no one is going to do the 4 secrets i mentioned above then go do them and take your chances. I sometimes get lucky on some of them since i play with randoms but usually 90% of the time if i have to do the puzzle there is someone else on the team that does grabbit kind and vault/relics. but i communicate with Mic.

Also to anyone reading this.

Please go into your settings and turn voip on. Also Turn on Text to speech and speech to Text and communicate with your team.

I find many people do not turn this on because they dont even know its there and even if you dont want to talk its good to listen when those actually talk.

Message 10 of 27 (1,277 Views)