by DizzyDee-K

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cat is never hungry doesn't use litter box

★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a cat
What happens when the bug occurs? the cat is never hungry and doesn't use the litter box
What do you expect to see? A hungry cat. A cat using the litter box.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

Started a test game (new TheSims4 folder) after the April 16 patch to test mods. Made two households. One with a dog. One with a cat. The cat is never hungry and never uses the litter box. I've move everything around and moved houses. If I call the cat to eat he comes over but doesn't eat. He's never hungry. At all.

None of the mods I tested had any apparent relationship to pets and removing them did not fix the cat. 

Repaired and reset my game.

Tried taking everyone too GF. That sometimes fixes odd behavior. The cat used the litter box first thing, but not at all after that. Was never hungry.

Of course - nothing in, nothing out, but it's odd.

Message 1 of 10 (1,145 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cat is never hungry doesn't use litter box

★ Apprentice

Hey Dizzy, this is something others reported on a specific re-upload of AllCheats. I'm guessing you downloaded it from the Destroy Objects fix post? I don't understand why or how as my mod has nothing to do with cats but I deleted the file and re-uploaded on that post. I haven't heard of any more of these issues since, nor have I heard of these issues from any of the other download locations so it should be fine now if you redownload.

View in thread

Message 7 of 10 (1,046 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Could you test a second cat without mods to see if it's any way reproducible if you create the cat on a vanilla game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,139 Views)

★ Pro

Will, do.

Message 3 of 10 (1,131 Views)

Hero
Have you had time to test this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,105 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Yes. After multiple cats and dogs saves, I'm 90% sure this was caused by TwistedMexi's All Cheats mod. 

Message 5 of 10 (1,068 Views)

Hero

Hmm

that seems really odd

Moving this to tech for now and also alerted @TwistedMexi 

@DizzyDee-K 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (1,053 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey Dizzy, this is something others reported on a specific re-upload of AllCheats. I'm guessing you downloaded it from the Destroy Objects fix post? I don't understand why or how as my mod has nothing to do with cats but I deleted the file and re-uploaded on that post. I haven't heard of any more of these issues since, nor have I heard of these issues from any of the other download locations so it should be fine now if you redownload.

Message 7 of 10 (1,047 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@TwistedMexi wrote:

Thanks for the info. My D-in-Law is bringing me a (new to me) Mac today, so I'll grab the new version. 

I was confused, because I couldn't see why your mod would be effecting cats either. 

Message 8 of 10 (1,035 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The same happened with my game and the culprit was Littlemssam's NoSickDirtySadHungryPets mod.

Message 9 of 10 (772 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @Loreafun,

Thanks for mentioning what caused this in your situation.

This thread is a few years old at this point so I'll be closing it to avoid further necroposting.

Please keep the dates of posts in mind when replying, thanks!
Mako.png
Message 10 of 10 (749 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help