by ArcherAngelo

Original Post

[CD] [CoL] Cat eats chicken food

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sprinkle chicken food, own a cat.
What happens when the bug occurs? Cat eats the chicken food on the ground instead of pet food in bowl.
What do you expect to see? Cat should eat pet food.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have a family with a chicken coop and they adopted a cat. We have an automatic pet feeder that is full, but the cat insists on going outside to eat the chicken food. The cat does not come when the chickens are called, but if food is left over the cat will eat it when hungry.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 9 (623 Views)

Re: Cat eats chicken food

★★ Guide

Are you sure the cat is eating it? The cat in my save scratches at it, and leaves upgrade parts. I thought this might be by design.. not sure? 

Message 2 of 9 (614 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @ArcherAngelo 

If you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share video or save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 9 (561 Views)

★ Guide
@ArcherAngelo I\ve also seen this, I just thought it was by design and kinda funny.
Message 4 of 9 (554 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Kita5399 Scratching with upgrade parts seems like the behavior for trash...
Message 5 of 9 (528 Views)

★★ Guide
@ArcherAngelo It does seem like the same thing, but it’s not uncommon for things to be reused in this game. I have locked the cat out of the fenced in area where the chickens are for now, just because I got tired of picking up the parts.
Message 6 of 9 (514 Views)

Hero
@ArcherAngelo Do you also get upgrade parts ? Does the food disappear ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (509 Views)

[ Edited ]

I also got the option to „lecture not playing with trash“ when I tried to scold my sim‘s get because they were for once playing with the valuable treats. The food does not disappear but there are occasionally upgrade parts next to it.

Message 8 of 9 (492 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict I haven't had the upgrade parts and I got rid of the cat to make room for another baby so I don't have it around the home anymore.
Message 9 of 9 (475 Views)