Cars and Bank reset after restarting because of save error

by Joormatt

Original Post

Cars and Bank reset after restarting because of save error

★★★★ Novice

Product: Need for Speed Heat
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Lost all owned cars and money. After buying an rx7 and customizing it, I started to get errors while changing wheel size that changes were not applied. After restarting, it said my inventory needed to be uploaded so I did. When i loaded back in I had 0 bank, lost the rx7, and was given a bugged 180sx (the car i started with) the car could not be upgraded in suspension, and no tires were available in general. Parts it had had placeholder descriptions, and it was really drifty (intentional?). I do not want my acct reset or anything as I already grinded my way back into an rx7 and I'm progressing now. Scared to customize wheels tho.
What car were you using? RX7
Was the car your own build or downloaded from the in-game community? Personal Build
What was the last event you played? Not sure, whichever was the earliest to be able to buy the rx7
Was it a day or a night event? Day Event
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Honestly not sure, try customizing wheels and wheel sizes alot till it complains about not saving?
What happens when the bug occurs? Owned cars and bank are wiped and you get a weird version of your starter car.
What do you expect to see? Ya'know, the stuff I had before?

I'll come back and attach some screenshots of bugged 180sx

Message 1 of 118 (8,737 Views)

Re: Cars and Bank reset after restarting because of save error

★★ Novice
@Joormatt same happened to me with the bmw m3 for 70.000credits. sux really hard. dont want to play any further. dont know if this can happen with any car and the 3 extra cars are gone too...
Message 2 of 118 (8,689 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've that bug too also with the 180sx

Message 3 of 118 (8,680 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@DoXLocK 12 hours of playing gone... 370z gone ...
Message 4 of 118 (8,677 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Joormatt Samething happened to me
Message 5 of 118 (8,634 Views)

Community Manager

@Jermsito @Joormatt @tobias1005 @DoXLocK 

Please, can you guys post any specific details of the error message you saw, thanks.

barry.png
Message 6 of 118 (8,621 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hey mate, same problem same issue, lost it all. Very frustrating, I also lost my deluxe content too.

Also, there is no way to earn money or rep. Comes up as 0, REP level is fixed to the level where I got my error, money is at 0 and cannot earn more. Deleted my save, started again, could not do anything. - It was even worse. 

I was also unable to install performance parts on my RX7 before it happened. 

Restored the save I had from a back up I made and now I'm back to square one. - Interestingly I picked the BMW E30 as my starter car and it gave me the S13... must be defaulting to the S13 when the glitch occurs? Can anyone else confirm or deny this?

Message 7 of 118 (8,607 Views)

Betreff: Cars and Bank reset after restarting because of save error

★★ Novice

I have the same Problem I have lost  my many end my delux content is also gone end my car what i had is gone the bag with NISSAN 180SX is with me to

Message 8 of 118 (8,586 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

the same error has occured to me i have no cars "except my starter" all money is gone all upgrades are gone cannot even find parts to upgrade the game is now in a broken state since i cant even try rebuild since the parts wont show up to purchase 

Message 9 of 118 (8,579 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry@EA_BarryThe Pre-Order content, Cars (also Upgrades) and money disappered. Everything was set back to the start. Only the REP Level is correct.
The car paintwork is permanent in " loading..."
I've also got an empty CrashDump Data which was created after the problem started

EDIT: The missions and the driven races are correct to...

Message 10 of 118 (8,558 Views)