Career outfits unlocks by themselves

by MintyFreshSims

Original Post

Career outfits unlocks by themselves

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu and Courtyard Oasis
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure, but I believe I've done career cheats in the affected households. I usually move a household in, make them get a job, promote them a few levels and also give them a few skills. I then play the game in another household, build a lot, or go into CAS. It's not that clear to me when the bug occurs.
What happens when the bug occurs? All career outfits become unlocked for the household, including the "living statue" golden clothing and makeup, and city living festival tees. There are however some exclusions, namely Nifty Knitting and Dream home decorator.
What do you expect to see? That only the correct career outfits are unlocked.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The same thing can also happen when I open a household with unlocked clothing when loading more households in CAS without reloading it. I'm unsure if that is what's happening though, as I've tried to be careful not to have this happen.

It might not be a problem to some, but it's quite tiring going into a household after household and needing to go through all the "new" items. I'd also prefer to earn the career outfits by actually playing the game, or by choosing to cheat. I'm also neurodivergent and want my households a very particular way, haha.

Maybe there's a cheat or a mod that makes me able to remove them?

Message 1 of 8 (1,184 Views)

Re: Career outfits unlocks by themselves

Hero
@MintyFreshSims To be sure, this happens on all households in the save and also if you test a fresh save for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,181 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict It's less than 30 % of the households I make myself from scratch. I'm leaning towards that it's something I'm doing while playing that's causing it (?), as I can't find similar topics. I don't have a fresh save to test it in, but I wouldn't really be sure what to test.
Message 3 of 8 (1,164 Views)

Hero
@MintyFreshSims Like get a job that has career outfits, unlock one and see if it's the only one unlocked (using no mods/cheats) ?

Also that bit about other households unlocking stuff ?

Bit short on time to test myself.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,156 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I tested getting promoted in a new household in a fresh save without cheats. Nothing unusual happened concerning career outfits during the hour I tested.

About other households unlocking stuff, it goes a bit like this..
1. Create new household.
2. While in CAS, replace the starter sim with a household from the library with unlocked career clothing, for example the Sims sessions tees. Lets call this Family A.
3. Replace Family A with a sim from your library you know doesn't have any career outfit unlocks. Don't merge, just replace. This is Family B.
4. Family B will now have copied the career outfit unlocks from Family A.

It can be useful, but also a bit annoying. Maybe this is a bug in itself? Doesn't really explain why households placed in houses unlock career outfits though.
Message 5 of 8 (1,142 Views)

Hero
@MintyFreshSims Hard to tell.

if you replace the Sims this way, you're probably leaving the household as it was before.

I'm not sure but if a Sim that unlocked a CAS item dies, it's still unlocked, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (1,138 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict yes, sims dying won't cause the items to get locked again.

I tested a few more things, and might have found the problem. Pets carry the household career CAS unlocks with them, and if you merge the pets with another household, the career outfits will show up. I know for a fact I put a pet from the gallery in one of the households that later had unlocked career outfits.
Message 7 of 8 (1,126 Views)

Hero
@MintyFreshSims Guess they shouldn't.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (1,120 Views)