Career Performance Bar stuck/not going up?

by Pinkvelvet98

Original Post

Career Performance Bar stuck/not going up?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Get together, Seasons, City Living, Discover University, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Vampires, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Bowling Night, Movie Hangout, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have 2 sims in the same branch (bodybuilder) but different levels in a career (athletic). Finish a promotion task early before the career requires it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The career performance bar for one of my sims would not go up even though he has completed his daily task and promotion task. My other sim, on the other hand, has her career performance bar stuck on the maximum.
What do you expect to see? The career performance bar going up again and not being stuck.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My sims came home from work today and I realised that my male sim's career performance bar didn't go up even though he has completed his daily task at 100%. My female sim, on the other hand, did get her career performance bar going up and got a raise but her bar is stuck at the max. I believe you can get more raises in the max career than +2. My male sim is at level 9 in the athletic career while my female sim is at level 10 +2 in the same career. Does anyone know how to fix this?

EDIT: After repairing the game, I found that my female sim's performance bar is not stuck anymore, and after comparing the performance bar between my female sim and male sim I realised that my male sim's career performance bar did go up but not as much as it's supposed to. Is there any way I can get his career performance up to where it's supposed to be? I've also tried to resetsim and move them out and back in again.

Message 1 of 4 (7,524 Views)

Re: Career Performance Bar stuck/not going up?

Hero
@Pinkvelvet98 you can just promote them via cheat: careers.promote athletics

If you earned it, it's not really cheating

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (7,490 Views)

Hero
@Pinkvelvet98 Have you been able to solve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (7,442 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I've been having the same issue since the last big update. 

I sent a sim to university and going to class did not seem to register. The only way I could raise her grades was if she studied on the computer and when she submitted her term paper/presentation. She failed classes that had final exams. 

After that sim went to university, I noticed the same thing happening with jobs and school. The peformance bar never increases, no matter what I have them do before or during work. It will only move if a pop up appears that increases performance (like the ones that pop up with the responsability trait). 

I have just been promoting them through cheats for now, but it is very frustrating! 

Message 4 of 4 (6,405 Views)