Career Performance Bar STUCK!!

by duckiedroplets

Original Post

Career Performance Bar STUCK!!

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.205.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game, island living, modern menswear, kids room stuff, courtyard oasis
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a multiple sim household, send some to work whilst some stay home.
What happens when the bug occurs? The performance arrow does not move at all when there are more than one sim in the household where they do not attend work at the same time. The only way performance arrow moves is if you actively switch back and forth between "work hard" and "normal" or "take risks", the white arrow marker jumps forward very little then is stuck again unless you switch it. Tested it with different households in same saves and different saves. At first i thought it happens after you have your mid-career path selection. But after playing with other sims realize that it also occurs with low level career progress. So far the careers I've had the problem with are: 1. Part time careers - laborer, nanny 2. Athlete career 3. Secret Agent career Also tried: 1. Reinstalling 2. Remove everything and delete the localthumbcache.package file 3. Repairing game 4. New save file This is my second time reporting this bug - where I uploaded videos from a previous household, since the first thread was thoroughly ignored. I scoured the forum and notice some people reporting this bug too. Yes you can cheat promote them. But that defeats the whole purpose of the game.
What do you expect to see? A working performance bar.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As mentioned above, the career bar doesn't function like it should. Careers are basically unplayable with the performance bar staying on average unless actively managed. My sims also go to work in the right mood and with their daily tasks completed.

Message 1 of 3 (1,442 Views)

Work performance bar stuck (no mods)

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Czech
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.93.146.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy escapes, Island living, Get together, Get to work, Get famous, City living, Seasons, Discover University, Cottage living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa day, Dine out, Vampires, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, My Wedding stories, Perfect Patio Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff, Paranormal Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make sim go to work or school and check their performance bar.
What happens when the bug occurs? The work/school performance bar does not move no matter what work style option i choose.
What do you expect to see? The work/school performance bar either increasing or decreasing depending on the chosen prompt.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have suddenly came upon this issue, and i have no idea what might have caused it. When my Sim goes to work or school, the performance bar won't move, but will instead stay stuck. The arrow animation that's supposed to reflect your Sims's performance either increasing or decreasing doesn't show up either. Sometimes, it shows up for a second, and jumps a little bit, when I keep clicking through the work options. (But it's usually wrong, eg. it shows for a second performance going up when in the "slack off" mode.) But nothing more than that. It's impossible to get any kind of promotion.

I have looked through what other people said when they had this issue but it usually ended up with being a mod issue, and i have never used any mods, so that can't be it.

I have also tried to move my EA folder and started the game again fresh with a new save, and the performance worked as it should. However, once I moved my old save back in, it stopped working again. Is it possible that somehow it is related to a save file?

Message 2 of 3 (965 Views)

Re: Career Performance Bar STUCK!!

★ Apprentice

This is literally exactly what's happening to me, she has been working at average for 3 sim weeks now and the bar isn't moving, despite going to work on time and completing tasks.

Message 3 of 3 (677 Views)