Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number 3070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Do you only see this bug when you have cross-play activated? No
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - manager
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look into the free agents pool at the start of the season, or after the first season.
What happens when the bug occurs? The free agents pool is bloated even more than before, and only a small percentage gets signed.
What should be happening instead? Free agents pool should be 'normal' sized, like in real life. Move the players to matching clubs at the start of a career, and fix the transfer frequency

Usually, in previous FIFA's, free agents with the potential over 70 are randomly assigned to matching teams. But in 23, at the start of a new career, you can sign whomever in the Free Agents pool.
To top that off, a whooping 2500 players per season get added to the free agents pool, and not even 300 get signed. This is even more than last year (which was around 1500). and that's Including the likes of Benzema, Lloris, Navas, Isco, etc.

It's completely immersion breaking for a lot of people and makes career mode too easy and boring for players who just trying to get into it. Frankly, barely anyone is having fun for more than 3 seasons at this point.

Meanwhile clubs in game, like Ajax, are selling all top players, and have decreased 6(!) point overall in only two seasons. They are playing without striker or even without goalkeeper, while the free agents pool is filled to the brim with matching players. 

Either:

• Clubs should renew the contract of their players more often
  • The frequency of other clubs to sign players with the contract running out should be upped
  • Or the frequency of clubs to sign players from the free agent pool should be upped.

It was an issue for 22, kindly see this post, but it's gotten even worse for 23. 

Message 1 of 26 (4,207 Views)

Re: Career Mode: Incredible amount of free agents

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same here:

Just to give you an idea:

Message 2 of 26 (4,133 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yea, too easy

Message 3 of 26 (3,727 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Mandatory bump

Message 4 of 26 (3,461 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

In regards to the game being too easy, you can just remain in control of yourself and decide NOT to sign these players. That's the easy part.

But I totally agree that clubs should keep these players on their books more often, and we also saw an insane amount of free agents, increasing season after season in game, during FIFA22. Fix this, it's too much.

Message 5 of 26 (3,377 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@JustinCase0110 wrote:

In regards to the game being too easy, you can just remain in control of yourself and decide NOT to sign these players. That's the easy part.

I could manage. But my main concern is how stupid, easy, and boring the mode is for new players to begin like that. They are murdering a once great game mode edition by edition.

Message 6 of 26 (3,366 Views)

★ Guide

Yes I can see new career mode players just signing a bunch of free agents which is almost altering their experience from managing a club 

Message 7 of 26 (3,353 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@CampaignerL wrote:

Yes I can see new career mode players just signing a bunch of free agents which is almost altering their experience from managing a club 

Absolutely my concern

Message 8 of 26 (3,300 Views)

★ Novice
@luukftw I noticed most players from missing leagues show up, eg. Liga MX. I personally would like to keep the option to have these players available on CM. Maybe just don't buy them or ignore them?
Message 9 of 26 (3,285 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@andrgar7 wrote:
@luukftwI noticed most players from missing leagues show up, eg. Liga MX. I personally would like to keep the option to have these players available on CM. Maybe just don't buy them or ignore them?

I can manage, but read my replies two posts up. 

Also, it's not just about that. It's also the fact that teams 5 star teams after 3 season have have 2 74 rated CB and call it a day, and don't stack up on decent players. My career mode in the Eredivisie is done after 3 seasons because Ajax, PSV, and Feyenoord all sold off their team and are not sitting at a 73 average. 

Message 10 of 26 (3,192 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help