Care Package Spawns Out of Bounds

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number n/a
Enter RAM memory size in GB n/a
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? disasterussx
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. southwest corner of lava fields
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. normal play
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? The care package spawned just over a hill down on a patch of ground by the lava fields. I was able to hop over the wall but then I realized I was "out of bounds" and couldn't jump back over the wall. The care package was down below me so I jumped down and was no longer out of bounds but had no way of getting back up. Eventually the circle closed and just instantly killed me due to the game must have registered that I was out of bounds even though I was no longer receiving the out of bounds message.
What should be happening instead? Care packages shouldn't spawn down here. This should not be an area of the map you can jump down to without dying and it should be clear this area is out of bounds.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make sure this area is not able to spawn care packages and make the area out of bounds since it tricks the player into going for a care package that you cannot recover from. ‌

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number n/a
Enter RAM memory size in GB n/a
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? disasterussx
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. southwest corner of lava fields
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. normal play
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 12.02.20 05:40 EST
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue?
What happens when the bug occurs? The care package spawned just over a hill down on a patch of ground by the lava fields. I was able to hop over the wall but then I realized I was "out of bounds" and couldn't jump back over the wall. The care package was down below me so I jumped down and was no longer out of bounds but had no way of getting back up. Eventually the circle closed and just instantly killed me due to the game must have registered that I was out of bounds even though I was no longer receiving the out of bounds message.
What should be happening instead? Care packages shouldn't spawn down here. This should not be an area of the map you can jump down to without dying and it should be clear this area is out of bounds.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make sure this area is not able to spawn care packages and make the area out of bounds since it tricks the player into going for a care package that you cannot recover from.

Message 1 of 2 (164 Views)

Re: Care Package Spawns Out of Bounds

★★★ Newbie

The submission form bugged in the middle of submission and when I clicked "load from saved" it just filled in the HTML instead of the forms which is why everything is filled out twice.

It also deleted my attachment so here's the screenshot of the area where this happened.

Message 2 of 2 (163 Views)