Re: My sim cannot try for a baby

by xochiquetzl_xkvn

Original Post

Re: Move In Social Interaction not working & House Population Not Totaled Co

Hero
@Nozladi Yes, that's what OP was seeing too and I did too in their game. 6 Sims works, 7 doesn't. I was able to narrow it down to a particular Sim in the OPs game (the Sim wasn't pregnant).

Could you try the following to figure out which Sim it is (I can't check your save as you're on console)

1. Backup your save in case anything goes wrong
2. Start with the female Sims/Pets
3. Remove the first Sim from the household and add a random other one in instead (you can do that by any means, I found that cheating is the easiest by using testing cheats and use add/remove. If you're working on a backup of the game, this shouldn't be a problem for your achievements)
4. Check if they can try for baby.
5. Repeat for every Sim (reload original game after you checked a Sim) until you can try for baby even at 7.
6. Once you found the culprit, please upload to the gallery and post the name here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 115 (2,344 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict  I moved my Sim in with Nina and Dina Caliente. Got Nina's romance up with someone. Moved Nina into Violet's house. Violet's home had the 2 teens, 2 children, a baby, and a cat. When Nina invited her new partner over, "Try for a Baby" was open. Moved Nina back home in Oasis Springs. Moved Violet back into her home and got a partner. "Try for Baby" is NOT an option at all. It's not even there to grey out. Still with 2 teens, 2 children, a baby, and a cat. Her name is Violet (as I mentioned in the post). Not sure what her issue is. lol lol  Somehow, she is registering as 2 people I guess. She is not pregnant. I'll go through the process of saving her to the gallery ASAP. 

Message 32 of 115 (2,326 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict  Okay Violet Benali is uploaded to the Gallery  

Message 33 of 115 (2,321 Views)

Hero
@Nozladi Thanks. I'll check her out tomorrow. Bit of a busy weekend :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 115 (2,301 Views)

My sim cannot try for a baby

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Okay so, i've tried multiple ways for them to try for a baby and it won't work but the actual "try for a baby" thing will pop up in grey and then like if i hover my mouse over it it just says my household is full but it isn't! I have 4 sims 2 young adults, a teenager and a baby and then i have 3 cats. I have no custom content and my people just had a baby so much it's not like the gender setting is on. I just don't know what to do and i would really appreciate the help!

Also my cats are all boys so their not pregnant, the only sim that's a girl is the one i'm trying to get pregnant and she isn't pregnant either. I should also add, before there was a baby i had two elder sims that had passed away. When the elder lady passed away it wouldn't let me try for a baby but when the elder man passed away it did.

Also i just cleared out my file before this so maybe i did something wrong i'm not really sure what the sims files are supposed to be exactly but i looked it up and i believe i have all the correct files but i could be wrong 

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 35 of 115 (2,328 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Dumb questions:

1. Do you have custom household size settings in MCCC?

2. Has your male Sim been abducted by aliens recently?

Message 36 of 115 (2,287 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@MelodiVoltage I merged your post with the current bug report. You have a Sim that counts for two (reason unknown):

Could you use the method described here to find out which one it is: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Cant-have-more-than-7-Sims-in-my-game/m-p/11457281#M212632

Start with the girl.

@Nozladi Can you test your gallery version if she still has the bug for you ? For me she's working fine.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 115 (2,262 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict  I'll try to get to it today. I'll definitely try it and report back. If not today, within the next couple of days.

In the meantime, same Sim entered a relationship with Akira. Again, could only move him in via Manage Households. When the cat died, decided to try for a baby. Not an option. So... I tried to be tricky. I moved them out temporarily to another lot, tried for baby, got pregnant, and moved them back home.

She gave birth and the baby disappeared. Like she gave birth to nothing. I don't think this actual issue had anything to do with the weird count of 2 people. I exited the game and tried again, only I figured I'd be trickier. I did the same thing; moved them out, got pregnant, moved them back in, and then I moved them back out for the birth. That's when I figured out why the birth from the previous try ended up to nothing. She was pregnant with twins and it wouldn't let the birth happen. LMBO I know that if you get pregnant in a house with 7 then the game will default to 1 child. I think because she got pregnant somewhere else, it didn't default. I did the feel crappy thing of aging up one of the twins and then went into Manage Household to delete him. Still totally sad about it. Anyway, I then had to use Manage Households to transfer them home and it took all 3 of them. 

Message 38 of 115 (2,228 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict Okay so I did what you said and it is my girl! I loved her out and another girl in and checked to see if he could try for a baby with her and he could even though i have a full household. Also one of my cats died, i'm not sure if that matters but if you were wondering why it's not 7 that's why.

My name on the gallery is MelodiVoltage and it is uploaded under Reeley and the caption says glitchy sims.

Thanks you so much for your help!

Message 39 of 115 (2,194 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@MelodiVoltage Thanks. I'll check her out later.

I got a few question for your all

1. Are you playing rotationally ?
2. If you do, did you ever get a neighborhood story for them being pregnant ?
3. Has the SIm that's bugged for you ever been pregnant ?

@Julia13Dekker @Nozladi 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 115 (2,179 Views)