Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Cant even select my first Javelin to start playing this game.

by Ballabil

Original Post

Re: Cant even select my first Javelin to start playing this game.

★★★★ Novice

I'm on Xbox and have the exact same issue. tied restarting the game several time and even created a new pilot. No results.

I spent $80 on this and was really excited for it. Hugely disappointed.

Message 21 of 863 (892 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I hate to say it but im pretty sure this is a low ranking priority right now, because a small amount of people are having this issue.

Message 22 of 863 (879 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Sucks to everyone who payed money for this is have ea premier so not as big a deal. But hands down the worst game release I’ve seen In some time.
Message 23 of 863 (868 Views)

★★★ Newbie
this is hapening to me on xbox one too
Message 24 of 863 (832 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

So im assuming no update from a dev?

Message 25 of 863 (778 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Someone said that a dev thinks it will be fixed in the coming patch (don't know when). At least it's something...
Obivously: having a dev who would care enogh to ANSWER THIS OR OTHER THREADS regarding this issue and saying that it REALLY IS MEANT to be fixed (and that the fix doesn't consist in restarting the game from the beginning) that would make me MUCH MORE RELAXED.
I can play with only a few javelin for a week or two, but at least KNOWING that it's going to be FIXED SOON!!! Wink
Message 26 of 863 (768 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Having the same issue here. Literally tried everything from hard reset the Xbox deleting pilots and save file to uninstall and reinstalling. Nothing works and I can’t get into contact with devs or support for the bug 

Message 27 of 863 (767 Views)

Unable to access forge to pick Javelin, stopping completion of the tutorial

★★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Accessing the Forge from Fort Tarsis
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 02.22.19 19:00 CST
Summarize your bug Unable to access forge to select first Javelin, stopping completion of the tutorial
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After completing the tutorial mission and reaching the part where I had to select an initial Javelin, the game froze as I selected Storm. I had to reboot Anthem. Upon rebooting the issue occurred.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to access the Forge to select my Javelin I get an initial loading screen, which loads for a while. This first loading screen completes and I am immediately sent to another loading screen. This second loading screen sends me back to Fort Tarsis, having never seen any Forge menus. In troubleshooting, I tried the following. A fresh install of Anthem did not solve the issue. I started a new pilot and deleted the original and upon reaching the Javelin selection portion of the Tutorial I immediately encountered the double loading screen when trying to access the Forge, this time without seeing a javelin selection screen. I had been playing with a controller, and I tried removing this and just using my mouse and keyboard to no avail. Until this issue is resolved, the game is unplayable as I cannot advance past the tutorial. Any invites from other players go nowhere as they cannot be accepted until the tutorial is completed.
What should be happening instead? I should be able to select a javelin and continue playing. ‌

Message 28 of 863 (643 Views)

Re: Unable to access forge to pick Javelin, stopping completion of the tutorial

★★★★ Novice
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Cant-even-select-my-first-Javelin-to-start-playing-this-game/m...

A lot of us having the same problem. Said they would fix it in next patch when ever that is
Message 29 of 863 (631 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Same here and I pre ordered for nothing I guess
Message 30 of 863 (747 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help