Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Cant even select my first Javelin to start playing this game.

by Bejer1111

Original Post

★★★★ Newbie

I was having the same issue all I did was went into a Freeplay mode, once i loaded in the game I went to the map and pressed ESC. After I did that i kicked me back to the main screen and gave me an error about loading character data. Then I was able to actively get into my forge.

Message 471 of 863 (346 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

This problem is about not even being able to select our FIRST Javelin, so there is not free play option for this problem.

Message 472 of 863 (338 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Again, this is from EA Help “We are tracking this as a known issue for some players, I found your account and it does show you unlocking a Javelin. The video link is very handy and shows what we have identified as the known issue.

I am going to place your case in a special queue to deal with these as they need to be addressed from the studio team.

I'm sorry this is not something I can directly fix, but I just don't have a button for this one. I do understand the impact to your game however and we will endeavor to get this resolved as quickly as possible.”

Message 473 of 863 (283 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Wow, issue is still happening after the 1.04 Patch.  This is total clownshoes.

When requesting support you are directed to come here, and this thread has been essentially ignored by Bioware.  With the Division 2 coming out in couple of weeks, I'll gladly move on to it.

The only regret is that I cannot get a refund from the Playstation store  (like you could with games on Steam). 

Lesson learned.  Avoid EA and Bioware in the future.  Lot's of better options out there anyway.

Message 474 of 863 (280 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

(I'm just going to keep reposting this workaround so as many people as possible can play, I apologize for the spam)

TEMPORARY WORK AROUND FOR XBOX ONE:

Here's a work around that seems to be working for me. It indicates that the problem is an EA Origin Account issue.

1. Create a new email address;
  2. Create a new Microsoft account with that email address;
  3. Create a new EA Origin account with that email address;
  4. Change your profile on XBox to the new Microsoft account (NOTE: XBox Live Gold is tied to your XBox, not your account);
  5. Play Anthem and log in with your new EA Origin account;
  6. Play through and select your Javelin.

With this work around you will need to port over your friends list, and you won't be able to transfer your save data to your old XBox Live profile, but at least you can play.

Message 475 of 863 (274 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This morning I thought i would try my luck. Clicked on the forge and I actually got to the javelin unlock screen (first javelin). Clicking the storm javelin which is the one I had first chosen when this issue first happened froze my game at the unlock screen. I restarted the game and was brought back to the unlock first javelin at the forge. So, clicking on the forge brought me back to the javelin select screen again. I tried a different javelin and it worked! Im able to actually START the game now. Made it to level 8 where you get to choose my second javelin. Click on the storm javelin again and boom frozen. Restart. I tried a different javelin for my second unlock and BAM IT WORKS. It seems like the storm javelin is my issue. If you manage to get to the javelin select screen and your game freezes try another javelin and stay clear of the bugged one until a fix comes. 

Message 476 of 863 (264 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
This on PC?
Message 477 of 863 (247 Views)

★★★★ Novice

every system 

Message 478 of 863 (233 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried my luck again just now. Still have the exact same issue with the fused Javelin, double loading screens, and inability to access the forge. Still can't play past the tutorial.

Message 479 of 863 (204 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Dope
Message 480 of 863 (192 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help