Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Cant even select my first Javelin to start playing this game.

by Ballabil

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Cant even select my first Javelin to start playing this game.

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Loading dock of the forge. I cannot even select my first Javelin after tutorial game just does double loading screens. During the early access I accessed the javelin select screen and it bugged out. Had to hard close the game and ever since I have not been able to pick my very first Javelin making the game unplayable past tutorial. THIS SUCKS!
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) First day of early access my selection screen bugged out, would not let me choose anything
Summarize your bug Loading dock of the forge. I cannot even select my first Javelin after tutorial game just does double loading screens. During the early access I accessed the javelin select screen and it bugged out. Had to hard close the game and ever since I have not been able to pick my very first Javelin making the game unplayable past tutorial. THIS SUCKS!
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Alt+f4 close at the original Javelin selection?? Maybe you will have the same bug as i do.
What happens when the bug occurs? double load screen then pops me back in the forge telling me to select a Javelin. If there is someway to get past this please help!
What should be happening instead? I should be able to pick my first Javelin and actually start to play Anthem!!

Loading dock of the forge. I cannot even select my first Javelin after tutorial game just does double loading screens. During the early access I accessed the javelin select screen and it bugged out. Had to hard close the game and ever since I have not been able to pick my very first Javelin making the game unplayable past tutorial. THIS SUCKS!

If anyone knows how to wipe all data on this game please help. I have done uninstalls and repairs/new pilots!!! 

Message 1 of 856 (8,517 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cant even select my first Javelin to start playing this game.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey all, 

Final update - you should now all be able to select the Javelin of your choice, thanks for your patience.

Strong alone, stronger together. 

-EA_Cade

View in thread

Message 845 of 856 (286 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice
Could this be related? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Missing-Unlock-Token-for-Level-8/m-p/7541461#M4722

It seems sometimes the forge makes it impossible to unlock new javelins...it doesn't matter the level! Devs are saying nothing about this...
Message 2 of 856 (8,501 Views)

Cant access forge to unlock javelin

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Please select your region North America
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. At the fort, by the forge terminal
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 02/22/19
Summarize your bug I cannot access the forge due to a load screen after a load screen. I cant select a javelin nor can i start a mission.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the forge on ps4 and try to access the forge
What happens when the bug occurs? I get a loading screen and once it is at 100%, I get another loading screen that sends me back to the forge. No access to the forge
What should be happening instead? I should be able to play the game

At the fort, by the forge terminal I cannot access the forge due to a load screen after a load screen. I cant select a javelin nor can i start a mission. Im on ps4

Edit: this is the exact problem... https://t.co/kKFc1QJjVb

Message 3 of 856 (6,709 Views)

Re: Cant access forge to unlock javelin

★★★★ Apprentice
Can we get some more light on this please?? Im on PC and having the same issue.....game literally unplayable.
Message 4 of 856 (6,689 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
This is rediculous can we please shed more light on this? there must be a fix out there somewhere....was hoping day one patch would fix this.
Message 5 of 856 (8,449 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
It IS RIDICULOUS!!! Wink But it seems no-one cares about this! Frown
Message 6 of 856 (8,446 Views)

Re: Cant access forge to unlock javelin

★★★★★ Apprentice
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Cant-even-select-my-first-Javelin-to-start-playing-this-game/m...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Missing-Unlock-Token-for-Level-8/m-p/7543455#M4918

Could these be related?? Let's try to select ONE thread about the impossibility to unlock one or more javelin after the initial mission or at the level where it is supposed to happen and try to make that thread get NOTICED!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/asw3e5/day_zero_patch_bugs_megathread/egy7jm4/

Here on reddit there is another mention to this issue. I tried to contact support WITHOUT ANY INTEREST from them!! They said to write on the forum HOPING THAT THE DEVS NOTICE THIS...
So everyone affected...let's try to get noticed!! Wink
Message 7 of 856 (6,686 Views)

Cant unlock my first javalin, so i cant play the game

★★★★ Novice

Please select your region Europe
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. UG/ISSUE: game crashed when i first selected interceptor, but the quest didnt complete. Now when selecting the forge the game just shows me 2 loading screens and thats it. When i restart the game or just try to access the forge again the game just shows me 2 loading screens REPRODUCTION: select forge ADDITIONAL info: https://youtu.be/TGg9HWvFGKQ
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 22.02.19 14:45 GMT+1
Summarize your bug can't unlock first javalin because i cant access forge, so now i cant play the game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the forge - Select first javalin for the quest "investigate the forge and unlock your first javalin" - crash the game - Open forge again - nog the bug accurs
What happens when the bug occurs? I get 2 loading screens and then next back to fort tarsis without accessing the forge
What should be happening instead? Forge menu should open or my quest should be completed

Please select your region Europe
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. BUG/ISSUE: game crashed when i first selected interceptor, but the quest didnt complete. Now when selecting the forge the game just shows me 2 loading screens and thats it. When i restart the game or just try to access the forge again the game just shows me 2 loading screens REPRODUCTION: select forge ADDITIONAL info: https://youtu.be/TGg9HWvFGKQ
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 22.02.19 14:45 GMT+1
Summarize your bug SUMMARY: can't unlock first javalin because i cant access forge, so now i cant play the game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the forge - Select first javalin for the quest "investigate the forge and unlock your first javalin" - crash the game - Open forge again - nog the bug accurs
What happens when the bug occurs? I get 2 loading screens and then next back to fort tarsis without accessing the forge
What should be happening instead? Forge menu should open or my quest should be completed

Message 8 of 856 (6,482 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I’m on the Xbox, I don’t know if this is also happening for other people.  I too have the Forge problem but also there are two Javelins clipped inside each other.  One is not animated, I think it’s the one with out anyone in it, and the other is doing an  idle animation.

picture attached.

Message 9 of 856 (8,423 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm lvl30 and missing the ranger jav because I never got my last token. Just got a response from a dev to this issue. How good is their "solution". 

"Its a known problem that will be fixed next patch"

How about you hotfix asap? It's a crucial part of the game. Not just a random bug, Jesus christ what a * show this launch has been lol.

Message 10 of 856 (8,407 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help