Re: Cannot write songs ( guitar level 8 skill)

by Karmiana

Original Post

Cannot write songs ( guitar level 8 skill)

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous,seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get together, Get to Work. Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure. Vampires. My first Pet.Laundry day.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to write songs
What happens when the bug occurs? I dont get an option to write songs, managed to get the option only once when i was "confident" but now i cannot continue to compose the song as it says that the instrument (guitar) cant be found.
What do you expect to see? Should get option to write songs and continue to compose them
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I just reinstalled this game so it is brand new on my machine.

Message 1 of 6 (1,375 Views)

Hero
@Karmiana

Have you tried buying another guitar ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,362 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Have you tried placing the instrument in world before trying to continue composing? I've noticed that for guitar or violin compositions my sims can only resume writing songs if I take the instrument out of their inventory first.

Message 3 of 6 (1,327 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
@annabee84 Have tried it and it worked, however, this is a new dynamic wasn't like this before.
Message 4 of 6 (1,305 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Thanks, unfortunately in Uni so can't buy a new guitar.
Message 5 of 6 (1,304 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Also adding to this ( no idea if its a related or a completely different bug ) when you start finally composing , it takes ages to complete, and if you travel to another lot it starts over. 

Also noticed that when my sim lvled up while composing she stopped, and the sheet of music disappeared from her inventory. 

Message 6 of 6 (905 Views)