Cannot use guild chat, incorrect age

★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPad
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPad, iPhone
OS Version 12.3.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 551863794
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug On my old iPad, I was able to contact my guild. Since I got my new iPad, I am unable to chat on my iPad or iPhone. It looks like from other people’s posts, if people are under 13 or something then they cannot I use the chat function. I often don’t use my real birthdate because I don’t trust companies not losing the data and I have never seen why they need it. I’m not sure what my age on my account is showing, but I’m over 30. I’ve dealt with this issue for a year or so but it’s hard to coordinate with my guild since I cannot talk to see their guidance. I have been kicked out of builds capable of doing Sith heroic because I can’t talk. I’ve been stuck with a lax guild that has dealt with me but I’m 3.3m go now and trying to progress and not having guild chat has really hindered me.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create an account with an old date and try to find a way to chat.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country US

On my old iPad, I was able to contact my guild. Since I got my new iPad, I am unable to chat on my iPad or iPhone. It looks like from other people’s posts, if people are under 13 or something then they cannot I use the chat function. I often don’t use my real birthdate because I don’t trust companies not losing the data and I have never seen why they need it. I’m not sure what my age on my account is showing, but I’m over 30.

I’ve dealt with this issue for a year or so but it’s hard to coordinate with my guild since I cannot talk to see their guidance. I have been kicked out of builds capable of doing Sith heroic because I can’t talk. I’ve been stuck with a lax guild that has dealt with me but I’m 3.3m go now and trying to progress and not having guild chat has really hindered me.

Message 1 of 9 (673 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot use guild chat, incorrect age

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hi @CaptSha5 and thank you for the report.

Your account is indeed set as a minor account and therefore has only restricted access to some features.

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (639 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hi @CaptSha5 and thank you for the report.

Your account is indeed set as a minor account and therefore has only restricted access to some features.

Message 2 of 9 (640 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for confirming my account is set as a minor’s account. What is the corrective action to restore my account to one with full access?

Restarting a new account and losing 1.5 years of daily progress and losing the money I’ve spent on it is not an option. 

Message 3 of 9 (626 Views)

EA Live QV Team

We are currently working on a process to have the option to correct the age you originally set. There are still some details to be figured out, so bear with us.

Message 4 of 9 (619 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for the quick reply. This process you speak of, Is this a fix for my account alone or everyone else who is experiencing this issue?  I’m just wanting to manage my expectations for a timeline for this in terms of days, weeks, months etc. I won’t hold you to it, obviously just wanting to know. Thanks for trying to come up with a solution for this. 

Message 5 of 9 (612 Views)

EA Live QV Team

No worries @CaptSha5 happy to help.

The process we are working on is a general one so that we are able to correct everyone affected by this.

Message 6 of 9 (590 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_HighCommand Is there a fix for this problem yet? I have the same issue. How do I go about getting this activated on my account?
Message 7 of 9 (495 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @rustmage,

We have implemented a process for our support to handle that type of request (in case you selected the wrong date of birth when creating the account). If you selected the correct date of birth and are not underaged, PM me your ally code so that I can have a look.

Message 8 of 9 (473 Views)

★ Novice

Not sure how to PM you but hoping you can help, I have same issue, no chat, can’t buy anything.  Ally code 867-987-267.

Message 9 of 9 (411 Views)