Cannot sprint or change Javelin

★★ Newbie

Product: Anthem
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Mission
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on? One of Brin’s missions
What was your chosen difficulty level? Grandmaster 1
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Interceptor
What was your Expedition team makeup? Mix of the above
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. It was one of Brin’s missions I believe. I got black screened to the Xbox menu and upon loading up the game it told me my Progress saved on my Xbox and progress saved on the cloud weren’t synced up. I chose to use the cloud’s sync.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 03/15/19
Summarize your bug I cannot sprint 95% of the time even though I can fly. I cannot change my Javelin. I do not get the option to press X to pick up shaper relic fragments or select the spinning code wheel in underground Enerald Isle mission to get Brin’s aunt, but I can reload, change weapons, open boxes and do most other actions bonded to the X button. I cannot zoom in or out of the map and I just recently couldn’t exit out of the last expedition I played. It’s not a controller issue as all my buttons work fine, it’s just certain commands don’t seem to work and my armor and shield level seem to always be fluctuating between missions despite the fact I don’t change any pieces of my gear. It’s a major glitch that is game breaking for me. I’ve tried deleting my profile information. Hard resetting. Uninstalling and reinstalling game. And even creating a new story character in the second of three slots at the title screen and even on the new story character I am unable to sprint or do other actions I’m restricted from. It’s something in my actual games code and it makes me unable to play the game. I need help ASAP
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I’m not sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? It’s almost always occurring
What should be happening instead? I should be able to command game as normally intended

Product: Anthem
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Mission
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on? It was during a contract from Brin I think, it dropped me and said I had to either pick to use save from my Xbox or save from the cloud because they weren’t synced.
What was your chosen difficulty level? Grandmaster 2
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Interceptor
What was your Expedition team makeup? Mix of the above
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. I can’t exactly remember
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 03/16/18
Summarize your bug I cannot sprint 95% of the time even though I can fly. I cannot change my Javelin. I do not get the option to press X to pick up shaper relic fragments or select the spinning code wheel in underground Enerald Isle mission to get Brin’s aunt, but I can reload, change weapons, open boxes and do most other actions bonded to the X button. I cannot zoom in or out of the map and I just recently couldn’t exit out of the last expedition I played. It’s not a controller issue as all my buttons work fine, it’s just certain commands don’t seem to work and my armor and shield level seem to always be fluctuating between missions despite the fact I don’t change any pieces of my gear. It’s a major glitch that is game breaking for me. I’ve tried deleting my profile information. Hard resetting. Uninstalling and reinstalling game. And even creating a new story character in the second of three slots at the title screen and even on the new story character I am unable to sprint or do other actions I’m restricted from. It’s something in my actual games code and it makes me unable to play the game. I need help ASAP
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I’m not sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? The bug is almost always occurring. So often that it feels like when the game is acting relatively normal that the normalcy is a bug.
What should be happening instead? Able to function in game normally.

Message 1 of 2 (77 Views)

Re: Cannot sprint or change Javelin

★★★★★ Newbie

So I had the exact same problem, randomly couldn't sprint or pick up relic fragments, and I couldn't change my Javelin, but I could fly, switch weapons, and melee so I figured it wasn't my controller. But in a different game I realized that my right trigger was slightly stuck. When I unstick it, I could suddenly sprint and change javelins. I don't know why pressing the trigger would prevent those actions (and it's not like I was constantly shooting when it was 'stuck') but it fixed it for whatever reason

Message 2 of 2 (47 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help