by crinrict

Original Post

Cannot save game : Newest update bugged out my game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Newest Upload : Game Glitch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? about 80% of all packs and expansions.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Once you open the game, it's pretty obvious what is happening
What happens when the bug occurs? You cannot go to 'manage worlds' or save the game. It keeps saying "game load in progress"
What do you expect to see? The ability to save my game...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I just installed the most recent update yesterday on June 5th 2022 - once I opened my game, I cannot save or go to "manage worlds". The button is greyed out and when you hover over it, all it says is "game load in progress".

This is a bug issue from the most recent update. I didn't have this problem until yesterday and now I cant save any progress in  the game, so I can't play at the moment until this is fixed. I've been playing the sims for years.... and have never come across this issue. I know this came from the most recent update to the game. I was playing this last week before I did the update for June 2022, and everything was fine up until then.  I've tried logging everything out, shutting my computer down, restarting the game over and over... and nothing works. 

I attached an image to show what I see. I tried playing for 30 minutes yesterday to see if it was a lag in the load time and it appeared greyed out the entire time. Again, this problem didnt arise until I installed the latest update yesterday. Now I cant play my game..

Message 1 of 3 (500 Views)

Re: Cannot save game : Newest update bugged out my game

Hero
@kate94h Did you test multiple saves to see if it's related to the save you're playing ?

Could be that something didn't download properly if you patched yesterday as Origin is having issues.. Normally I would suggest a game repair but with the Origin issue, that's not a good idea to do. You might need to wait until that other issue is fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (478 Views)

Re: Cannot save game : Newest update bugged out my game

Hero
@kate94h I think the issues are with repair/download are solved now. Can you try a game repair now ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (417 Views)