Accepted Solution

Cannot renew player contracts in manager mode

★★★★ Novice

Product: FIFA 18
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? StigOne77
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - manager
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sign a 1 year contract with a player, sim to close to end of season, try to sign new contract.
What happens when the bug occurs? I get a message saying "you have recently signed a new contract with this player.." (with double period) and my player becomes a free agent after contract expires.
What should be happening instead? I should be able to renew his contract

I already contacted support, and they told me all I could do is post on the forums and hope to get a response quickly from some moderators.
Message 1 of 9 (8,517 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot renew player contracts in manager mode

Community Manager (retired)

@buckers92386

Unfortunately we do not have an ETA at the moment. The team is aware of the issue and are working to resolve it, that said it might not fix current career mode saves when they are able to resolve it.

-Aido

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (8,731 Views)

All Replies

@lowestgear

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I'll make sure it pass it along to the team to be looked into.

-Aido

Message 2 of 9 (8,449 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I to have this problem and have lost players because of this, its never been a problem on previous FIFA's. I did recover some players by searching for them in the transfer hub under free agents, its a pain but you might recover some of the players you really want to keep

Message 3 of 9 (8,432 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for looking into my issue, is there a timeframe I can expect for this issue to be resolved? I am on the verge of losing my best players and would like to avoid this situation.

-Thanks.

Message 4 of 9 (8,392 Views)

★★★ Novice

Me with the same problem  only players career mode.

Message 5 of 9 (8,361 Views)

★★★ Novice

Only players career model,I'm an older  player who cant keep up with younger players. So enjoy this mode or did.why  release a game that dosnt work.I would get the sack if I did this in my job.

Message 6 of 9 (8,355 Views)

@buckers92386

Unfortunately we do not have an ETA at the moment. The team is aware of the issue and are working to resolve it, that said it might not fix current career mode saves when they are able to resolve it.

-Aido

Message 7 of 9 (8,732 Views)

★ Apprentice

And it is still not fixed. 

Message 8 of 9 (7,833 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I too had this problem!! 

We pay for a game which isn’t cheap and for simple things like this you guys could sort out your just going to leave it?? 

The amount of money ea sports is getting from the actual game and FUT is a joke, you should be sorting any issues with the game as soon as the appear, instead of just sitting back ignoring everyone!! While you all sit and watch all the money come in!! 

All you guys are is money grabbers and aren’t actually that bothered about sorting simple things  out, when we have all paid good money to play it!! 

Absolute joke  

Message 9 of 9 (6,121 Views)