★★ Newbie

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. In game, during the mission titled "Return to the Heart of Rage"
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 27.03.19 09.10PM
Summarize your bug In the mission "Return to the Heart of Rage", right after I defeat the titan towards the beginning, I proceed to the area marked where the game tells me to go, however, the game then says I'm going "outside of mission area" and transports me back to where I was, even though I'm following the path the game sets out for me. Each time I try to go to the area where I'm supposed to proceed to continue the mission, it keeps saying I'm going "outside of mission area" and transports me back, causing an endless loop where I cannot proceed in the mission/game
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to play the mission "Return to the Heart of Rage"
What happens when the bug occurs? I'm transported back to where I was in the game and cannot proceed any further, causing me to not be able to progress any further in the game
What should be happening instead? I should be able to follow the path marked in the game without being told I'm going outside of mission area and without being transported back to where I was

Screenshot attached

Message 1 of 5 (123 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Cannot progress further on "Return to Heart of Rage" mission

★★★ Newbie

This is a HUGE flaw impeding the seminal quest in the game. Please get this addressed ASAP!

Message 2 of 5 (107 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Having the exact same issue on Xbox One. Once you defeat the titan, you cannot progress any further. If you follow the path to the next marked “waypoint”, the game resets you to the area you fought the titan in. 

I took several weeks away from the game since launch in hopes the patches would fix the issues and I could finally enjoy the game without all the frustration that came with the horrible issues at launch. 

Thos only seems to happen in “private” sessions. 

Message 3 of 5 (88 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
Discovered a work-around - for the PC anyway. After a few days of the same situation, I used task manager to "end task" for Anthem. When I restarted the game, it took me back to the same point and I was able to proceed further. Not sure what console players can try. Hope this helps!
Message 4 of 5 (77 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

For Xbox one, I’ve found it only happens if you set your session to “private”. Exiting the mission to Fort Tarsis and restarting the mission as “public” allowed me to progress. You just have to hope your companions stick around long enough for you to hear all the dialog before running off to the next area.

Message 5 of 5 (71 Views)
Twitter Stream