Original Post

Cannot leave Havarl/enter the Tempest

★★ Novice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Standard Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug Cannot leave Havarl
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? Always Happens
Which single-player mode are you playing? Standard.
Please select your region Europe
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds.
What company provides your internet service?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to leave the Havarl aswell?
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? EVGA 1070
Please enter memory size in GB. 16

When I stand on the ramp of the Tempest and get the "E" option to enter the ship/leave the planet nothing happens. The activation circle completes when I hold E but nothing else.

I have completed all quests on the planet and just want to move on in the story where I am currently lvl 11. The "E"-bug has not occured on other planets/stations.

I am stuck in the game and cannot progress further.

Message 1 of 28 (9,283 Views)

Re: Cannot leave Havarl/enter the Tempest

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

XB1 | patch 1.06

I am having almost the exact same problem in the same place.  I have completed all missions on Havarl but cannot leave the planet.  2 things keep happening.

1: Extract to tempest graphic only appears for 5 seconds before disappearing on forward station.  In fact, it only appears to show 2 of the stations.  The other ones do not even show the options.  

2: when i fast forward to tempest and try to interact using: Y with the return to the tempest graphic, the only thing that happens is the loads, then appears to reset.  

Bam...i am stuck and cannot leave this planet.

Message 2 of 28 (9,249 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry to hear that Tom, but also glad I am not the only one.

Seems to be one very bugged game sadly.

Hopefully they fix it soon or we have to get a refund I guess. Would prefer to enjoy the game.

Message 3 of 28 (9,227 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I feel all of your pain and then some.  I have completed all there is to complete on Havarl including the final mission twice (reloaded to see if it would help.)  I cannot leave the planet.  Hold down the "Y" button and the meter fills but does not complete.  The sad part is that I have completed two other planets already so I am currently level 33.  That is a lot of time to even think about restarting this game....Sheppard wouldn't do this to us.

*Update - Mine was also having the problem of the "Extract to Tempest" disappearing in two seconds.  I picked the best load out station that I could blink to in time and was able to use the "Extract to Tempest."  Maybe you guys can try that method.

Message 4 of 28 (9,184 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If it isn't fixed soon I won't be able to romance Jaal. Send help.

Message 5 of 28 (9,147 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I had the same problem, what worked for me was jumping down a bottomless pit so the game respawned me, then it let me board the Tempest as normal. Hope it works for you too!

Message 6 of 28 (9,100 Views)

★★ Novice

I just tested this and it worked for me as well.

Fast travel (or don't, I suppose) to Mithrava (it's the sanctuary you climb up to during the A Dying Planet quest) and then leap off of the edge. The game will respawn you, albeit with a bit less health. Travel back to the Tempest and leave by interacting with it on the ramp. (When fast traveling, you need to press Up to scroll through the map pages until you find the second highest one; if you haven't been yet you won't have the Forward Station and will just have to climb somewhere else where you can jump from high enough to force a respawn)

Message 7 of 28 (9,088 Views)

★ Novice

Wow thank you so much for this fix guys. I was stuck here after finishing almost everything on the planet and at level 30 no less So I wasnt to excited to have to start the game over. Jumping off a cliff and respawing did fix the bug. What a pile of *. The game is a ton of fun, but it is truly ridden with bugs. 

Message 8 of 28 (9,062 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
This saved my game save thank you
Message 9 of 28 (8,974 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks for sharing, did it for me too.

Message 10 of 28 (8,773 Views)