Cas.Fulleditmode Not Working Properly!! Can’t edit pre-existing sim relationship

by Watarigani3005

Original Post

Re: Cannot edit pre-existing sims (Family relationsips)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Bucksiii It's only really an option for Sims you haven't already played .. which for you .. luckily they were unless you want to loose relationship progress with them.

:D

Enjoy your new family

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 55 (2,329 Views)

CAS Relationship/Genetics Issue

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't really know if this is technically a bug. It could just be an annoying feature.
What happens when the bug occurs? This has to do with family relationships in CAS. I want to be able to have a existing sim for which I can use household manager to add members to their family; parents, siblings, etc. For some reason, when I go to create a parent using genetics, it defaults the new sim as the other sim's 'household member.' As a particular example, I have two sisters Ava and Bridget. I used Ava to create their father via genetics. In the household, Ava has a partner Rodney and together they have a son, Hugh. After I create the father, I go to the relationship panel. Ava, Bridget, Hugh, and Rodney are all listed as 'household member.' I hover over Bridget and Ava but my only options are to change them to sister and wife. I hover over Rodney and my options are son, husband, and brother. I hover over Hugh and it says 'cannot edit pre-existing sims.'
What do you expect to see? I want to be able to have complete control over the household relationships. I should be able to see the option for 'daughter' as well as wife and sister under the sims who are part of the genetic line, or they should be default.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

CAS Relationship Panel & Genetic Issues

Message 12 of 55 (2,330 Views)

Re: CAS Relationship/Genetics Issue

Hero
@elenasimorama I merged this with another thread.

Can you post some pics of your family tree ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 55 (2,311 Views)

Cas.Fulleditmode Not Working Properly!! Can’t edit pre-existing sim relationship

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? Newest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Parenthood, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day, Toddler, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When trying to cheats are enabled and create a sim full edit mode is enabled. Editing household relationships (I.e making a male one’s father, or husband or brother etc.)
What happens when the bug occurs? Can you please fix the error that won’t allow me to edit pre-existing sims on cas.fulleditmode? I made me and my sister, before I made my parents and my little brother. So yesterday I finally made my parents and my little brother and I added myself to my parents family. For whatever reason it made my dad my stepfather and my brother half brother, and my sister is my dads daughter but not my moms daughter. So the family is messed up and it’s really pissing me off. PLEASE FIX THIS!! THIS DIDNT USED TO BE A PROBLEM!!
What do you expect to see? Household relationships should be fully changeable when “testingcheats” is on with cas.fulleditmode regarding of the sim was pre-existing. That’s the whole point of FULL EDIT MODE. Standard smile
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. When I installed Snowy Escape and Island Living

Can you please fix the error that won’t allow me to edit pre-existing sims on cas.fulleditmode? I made me and my sister, before I made my parents and my little brother. So yesterday I finally made my parents and my little brother and I added myself to my parents family. For whatever reason it made my dad my stepfather and my brother half brother, and my sister is my dads daughter but not my moms daughter. So the family is messed up and it’s really pissing me off. PLEASE FIX THIS!! THIS DIDNT USED TO BE A PROBLEM!!

Message 14 of 55 (2,321 Views)

cannot change sims from 'brother' to 'household member'

★ Novice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs Get Together Get to Work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I use testingcheats true then cas.fulledit mode, select a sim, and I want to change him from 'brother' to 'room mate' and when I click household member nothing happens. With another housemember who isn't related, I can change her to 'sister' or 'mother' and change her back to housemate no problem.
What happens when the bug occurs? I click on 'house member' or whatever and it remains 'brother.'
What do you expect to see? I want it to allow me to select 'house member' so they aren't brothers anymore.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10DjGWyoRSjeokbrRp1POHDKCDc3aAaEm/view?usp=sharing 

here's a link of a video of me trying to change him from 'brother' to 'household member.'

I have removed all mods and run the repair tool. Which stinks because now I have to redo all of the mods on everybody! Boooo.

Message 15 of 55 (2,352 Views)

Re: cannot change sims from 'brother' to 'household member'

Hero
@GDIMacCleod Could you post a pic of your family tree ?

Was the Sim always the brother or did the game make him into a brother ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 55 (2,334 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

i68fQkj - Imgur.png

I originally made them as brothers but I would like to change that and make them not related.

Edit: Also I have tried with both dudes and I get the same result.

Thanks for your help!

Message 17 of 55 (2,299 Views)

Hero
@GDIMacCleod OK, i think that's because of the non-existing father that was created for them. That 'locks' the relationship.

It's similar to this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Cannot-edit-pre-existing-sims-Family-relationships/m-p/9765274

Unfortunately the only way I know to solve this is to newly re-place the Sims which makes you loose all relationships you build + inventory.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 55 (2,280 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for your help anyhow!

Message 19 of 55 (2,251 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi! I'm here from the other post. I don't know why I couldn't reply there. In the end I had to use the MCCC Mod and click on Delete all relationships with children and then added them back to the family.

Message 20 of 55 (2,166 Views)