Re: Cannot complete Tip of the spear

by santjuhh84

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

What bothers me the most is;

• I bought the game 2 weeks ago. I was mid-way through the main story and saw the Cataclysm event "Echoes of Reality" and also the entry into "The Prison"
  • I went to enter "The Prison" and had a warning that I should finish the main story first, so I didn't proceed
  • I DID however, go to the Echoes of Reality Cataclysm - and did not get any warning. I didn't even know these were tied together.
  • So I complete the Cataclysm, and meet Vara, and she's banging on about a guy called Harken - and I'm totally lost. Who are these people?
  • I end up with crystals, which I exchange for CRAZY powerful guns, that completely changes the gameplay of the main storyline. I don't need any of the loot I get now, because I have level 58 weapons....
  • So now I finish the main endgame, and a guy called Grandmaster Adams shows me an Urgoth.
  • A mission that says 'Meet Grandmaster Adams' appears, but I can't access the location!? The web says that 'Grandmaster Adams returns to Fort Tarsis'. Hang on. Did he even leave...?

My questions/gripes;

• Is there actually a follow up story about Adams and the Urgoth?
  • Does this 'Tip of the Spear' mission explain Vara and Harken? Does it explain the Urgoth?
  • Why didn't EA lock the 'Echoes of Reality' Cataclysm event until you finish the 'Tip of the Spear' storyline?

Feeling pretty annoyed at the mess they made here.

Message 11 of 23 (1,097 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I haven't played this since about 3 weeks after launch. Decided to log back in and see the changes. First thing the game tells me to do is visit Adams in the prison for Tip of the Spear quest. Upon moving to the house where Adams is supposedly located, there is absolutely no way to access this building. Even the front door where the indicator is sitting has no prompt to open it. Needless to say after so long of not playing i was actually looking forward to getting back into my Javelin, only to be greeted with a brick wall on start up. I guess this is the price i pay for getting my hopes up again...

Message 12 of 23 (1,073 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@doublegee03 Exactly the same as me. Logged back in after months and im greeted with a mission that i can't even start. Pathetic
Message 13 of 23 (1,071 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same issue on PS4. Picked up the game recently with my two friends and I am only interested to play story co-op and have no interests in public expedition.  I seem to run out of agent quest and contract.  Is this bug  me stopping me to proceed further in story mode? If so, this is one nasty bug that should require a hotfix by EA asap.

Message 14 of 23 (1,039 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@R3ydboss Playing on PC. I can see the mission tracker won't let me open the door. I just got the quest though. Haven't been able to start it at all
Message 15 of 23 (866 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i cant speak whit Adam at the prison

Message 16 of 23 (814 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Just got the quest "tip of the spear" but there is no way i can access the prison. Doesnt give me an option at all. I am playing on ps4 though. If so much people are having the same problem than you might think that EA will fix it right?! But will they? First reply was 3 weeks ago and still didnt fix it

Message 17 of 23 (800 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@boop2319 I have the same problem. I can see the prison's icon on the map but it's white and I can't interact with the door.
Message 18 of 23 (601 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Faeryia It’s a bug that you have that quest, it’s part of the questline that introduced the original Cataclysm last year. The full mission series has not been re-enabled, so the bug is that you can see 'Tip of the Spear' at all.

One could hope that they would re-release that questline and perhaps the full Cataclysm for a month, but I doubt this will happen. You will just have to live with that teased quest. 😉
Message 19 of 23 (579 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@ChiraaKitteh Well, that sucks. Hopefully Bioware will bring it back when they are done redesigning the game. I love the gameplay, but it could really do with a bit more story.
Message 20 of 23 (574 Views)