by canelacaliente

Original Post

Cannot complete Stylist career task - Illustrative Sketches

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, most recent is eco living. All game packs except spa day, stuff: tiny living, fitness, bowling, movie, and patio.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get to level 7 of the Stylist Career and choose to work from home. It will ask you to create Impressionist Sketches Basketball using the sketchpad for the work task.
What happens when the bug occurs? You cannot complete your task so you cannot advance further in the career.
What do you expect to see? An option to create the impressionist sketch required for the career.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Get to level 7 of the Stylist Career and choose to work from home. It will ask you to create Impressionist Sketches Basketball using the sketchpad for the work task. There is no way to create these sketches as the option does not exist in the list of things you can do on the sketchpad. I do have all of the skills used by this career maxed out already so it isn't an issue with that. I did try quitting the career and restarting it but had the same issue. The only options are paintings and a quick sketch impression. I have tried doing the paintings as well as the quick sketch and neither counts towards the task. I have also tried doing with different moodlets (inspired, focused, confident, etc) to no avail.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 13 (1,503 Views)

Re: Cannot complete Stylist career task - Impressionist Sketches

★★★ Pro

@DantesPop When you clicked on the sketchpad, did you have the Moodlet for an impression?

Message 2 of 13 (1,492 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hello,

I have tried it both with and without that moodlet, it does not give me the option either way. 

Message 3 of 13 (1,479 Views)

Hero
@DantesPop What's the exact wording of the task you're getting ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (1,439 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@DantesPop i remember this problem did already exist when the career was new to the game (was fixed somewhen). could be it is happening again now with the new patch (that obviously influence pads)
Message 5 of 13 (1,420 Views)

★★★ Pro

@DantesPop 

Are you sure it says create Impressionist Sketches and not Illustrative Sketches?  I don't know what career assignment you are getting.  I am seeing either to create illustrative sketches or to gather an impression.  I checked the game code and I don't see anything similar to what you are seeing.  Can you post an image of the task?

Message 6 of 13 (1,407 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I think you are right and it is illustrative sketches. I quit the profession and restarted it without working from home so I do not have exact language in front of me. 

Message 7 of 13 (1,391 Views)

Re: Cannot complete Stylist career task - Illustrative Sketches

★★★ Pro

@DantesPop 

Are you able to create illustrative sketches without being in the career?

Message 8 of 13 (1,359 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I was not, but I had to abandon that family as they became so obsessed with white cake and water that they were unusable. They would stop every task I gave them, even while I had that sim selected. 

Message 9 of 13 (1,347 Views)

Hero
@DantesPop Could you maybe update your first post to enter the correct name of the work from home task that didn't work for you ?

Also if you could test with another family if it's consistently happening, that'd be great.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 13 (1,317 Views)