Re: Cannot buy new skills

by Smokem32

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot buy new skills

★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug I have skill points, but there is no button available to purchase skills.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have skill points, but there is no button available to purchase skills.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have skill points, but there is no button available to purchase skills.
What do you expect to see? I have skill points, but there is no button available to purchase skills.

Spoiler

I have skill points, but there is no button available to purchase skills.

Message 1 of 16 (7,910 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie
@PharaohSteve Skill Tree unlocks sometimes only appear after certain game points. Eg: you can't unlock any pull abilities until you've aquired force pull within the game itself Standard smile

View in thread

Message 13 of 16 (2,994 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

The game was fine until a December update. Now when I meditate I cannot buy any new skills even though I have accumulated 5 skill points. It is stuck on overhead slash. Playing on the PC.

Message 2 of 16 (7,717 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here. 5 skill points and can't use them. 

Message 3 of 16 (7,713 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Problem solved. I was using the keyboard. When I connected a controller to the PC the problem went away.

Message 4 of 16 (7,705 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well, I mean that I can now use the controller to buy skills. Not sure if using the keyboard to buy skills still fails or if it is magically fixed. Perhaps will experiment tomorrow. I have barely started using the controller but it seems that some things like rope swinging are easier with the keyboard and I suspect that using the controller is better for other things.

Message 5 of 16 (7,702 Views)

★★ Novice
@PharaohSteve
I have this problem too now on xbox one since update. No help anywhere. Useless EA
Message 6 of 16 (7,637 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem on the PS4 version. I have 4 skills points. I can see the skill tree with open skills. There is no option to use the skill point for any of the skills.

Message 7 of 16 (7,494 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me too, also on the PS4. 

Message 8 of 16 (7,352 Views)

★★★ Newbie

any word on how to fix this?

Message 9 of 16 (7,263 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

(Using PC with keyboard/mouse)

From the start I've had no issues using KB/mouse.  While meditating, the bottom middle button should open skill tree and holding down the mouse button on your desired skill for a few seconds should purchase it (assuming you have enough skill points and the pre-requisites to purchase said skill).  Making sure you hold the mouse button down over the skill for at least a few seconds is only thing I could imagine giving you a problem...

...other than a bad update.  If you uninstall game, delete all remaining data on PC, then restart and reinstall from scratch, that should clear any gameplay issues short of a PC hardware problem like HDD or mouse.  You should be able to sync your saved gave before that to reload it after reinstalling.

Anyway, just figured I'd mention no issues with KB/mouse skill buying here.   GL jedi!

Message 10 of 16 (7,200 Views)