Re: Cannot bulldoze lots because "[retired+elder sim] is busy"

by JeremySim45

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot bulldoze lots because "[retired+elder sim] is busy"

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

This is a Sims Mobile bug.

When I try to bulldoze a lot, it does not let me because it says a (retired and removed) sim is busy. The sim which is prevent me from bulldozing the lot is an elder.

See the images attached.

Message 1 of 5 (1,298 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Sul Sul Simmers,

In the latest update's Blog Notes, we mentioned that the preliminary fix for the Sim Busy Issue would go live as a part of the Briny Nights update.

Below are a few more details:

Q] What do the preliminary fixes include?

A] The team has resolved a part of the issue: "Passive Sims stuck (in an event) when tried to make active." Players can now select any passive sim in family portrait and make them active without any issues. So you can now remove the Busy Sim and clear the lot.

Q] What improvement would players expect in their games on this issue?

A] We are confident that Sims that are Passive but stuck as busy can now be active again. 

Q] How can a player take advantage of the fix?

A] Players can use the family portrait to switch the passive busy Sim back to active. If they are unable to, we suggest they back up their game, take note of their Player ID, and re-install the game.

Q] Once players get the passive but 'stuck as busy' Sim free, is there a possibility that the same Sim can get stuck again?

A] We believe this to fix to be a permanent one for passive sim busy issues. Ideally, Sims that recover should not face the problem again. If the problem does not resolve for any player, we would need to investigate why and I would request them to reach out to me!

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (1,030 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

I know this is frustrating but perhaps as a work around you can remove individual rooms. It’s a process but it does work. See pic for details 

Message 2 of 5 (1,132 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@JeremySim45 yeah i did that but it would be great if EA could fix this bug :D
Message 3 of 5 (1,110 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Hey so I had this similar issue where my sims retired but didn’t move out. It happened to two of my sims. I ended up posting a report in the forum and it gained a lot of traction. A good two months later wich is now I believe the issue was solved. I just downloaded the new update and now my busy retired sims are gone. I am so relieved and hope they don’t come back. Has this happened to you yet? 

Message 4 of 5 (1,086 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Sul Sul Simmers,

In the latest update's Blog Notes, we mentioned that the preliminary fix for the Sim Busy Issue would go live as a part of the Briny Nights update.

Below are a few more details:

Q] What do the preliminary fixes include?

A] The team has resolved a part of the issue: "Passive Sims stuck (in an event) when tried to make active." Players can now select any passive sim in family portrait and make them active without any issues. So you can now remove the Busy Sim and clear the lot.

Q] What improvement would players expect in their games on this issue?

A] We are confident that Sims that are Passive but stuck as busy can now be active again. 

Q] How can a player take advantage of the fix?

A] Players can use the family portrait to switch the passive busy Sim back to active. If they are unable to, we suggest they back up their game, take note of their Player ID, and re-install the game.

Q] Once players get the passive but 'stuck as busy' Sim free, is there a possibility that the same Sim can get stuck again?

A] We believe this to fix to be a permanent one for passive sim busy issues. Ideally, Sims that recover should not face the problem again. If the problem does not resolve for any player, we would need to investigate why and I would request them to reach out to me!

Message 5 of 5 (1,031 Views)