Cannot Host Party

by Caristole

Original Post

Re: Can not throw a party and am level 40

★★ Apprentice

Well since EA hasn’t put the new update in the iTunes App Store I am still on 11.1.0 and no I refuse to retire my sims too attached to them

Message 41 of 83 (2,287 Views)

11.1.0 is the latest update. One of your first Sims you would have to retire so you can have that party with a new Sim. 
The game is essentially designed for you to retire Sims fairly often, it's sad to let them go. I had a hard time letting go of my Simself... But it's really cool to see where my Sims grand, grand, grand, grand, grand, grand, grand kids are now. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 42 of 83 (2,280 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

11.1.0 is not the new update they had two updates back to back witch cause a license revocation in the Canadian Store and I have people who work in not only the main Apple corporate office but owns an Apple and it’s confirmed they were revoked here. 

*snip* I refuse to retire a sim to have a party this BBB is now involved due to 1. No party 2. Never got my grill in my inventory tho I have 100% evidence and 3. Can’t play due to no update and EA is not listening to Apple or me on how to correctly fix the issue.  *snip*

EDIT by EA_Jason: Don't be rude

Message 43 of 83 (2,269 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

yea Sure I’ll update as soon as EA figures mistake

EDIT by EA_Jason: Don't be rude

Message 44 of 83 (2,266 Views)

The latest update for Apple is 11.1.0, for Android it's 11.1.1.

Android got another update to fix and issue when you used the back button when changing a Sims appearance. Apple devices don't have a back button so Apple didn't get that update.

Back to your original problem, this is the solution for many people:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Cannot-Host-Party/m-p/6772800/highlight/true#M3171

I understand that you're attached to your current Sims, but The Sims Mobile, unlike The Sims 4 is designed to go through generations.

I don't have another option for you than that. So if you want to throw a party you'll have to retire a Sim. If you don't want to retire a Sim, you won't have the option for a party.

For the other problems you mention, please have a peek at the bug list:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/List-of-known-bugs/m-p/6682688#M633
If you don't see the issues you have on it, do make a new post as this one is about not being able to throw parties. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 45 of 83 (2,203 Views)

Re: Cannot Host Party

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same thing here.

I'm so disappointed, just reached Lv 20 and I can't host a party because my Sim "hasn't chosen a new trait this week".

I just choose a new trait but I still can't host a party! 😡😡🤬🤬🤬🤬

That's soooooooooooo frustrating!!

My id is: 1003034827451

Message 46 of 83 (2,075 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Have you retired a sim yet? If not that’s why.  I am level 45 had one party for the start intro after that zip because I refuse to retire my day 1 sims I am to attached. 

Message 47 of 83 (2,051 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hmmm I did'nt retired my day 1 Sim, instead of this I just retired my second Sim and created a new one.

My new Sim just got his first trait and I still can't host a party.

I'm getting upset about it 😡😡😡

Do I really need to retire my day 1 Sim?

Message 48 of 83 (2,036 Views)

★★ Apprentice

How many sim slots do you have and yes, your day 1 sim sadly.  I retired one a few weeks ago still can’t do parties or anything.  It’s their rules they told me on the phone!

Message 49 of 83 (2,026 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Oh ok.

I just retired my Day 1 Sim (sadly) so now, I just got my 3rd sim (that I created this morning).

This new sim got his first trait I stil can't host a party.

I'm starting to realize that I'll never host a party.

Really frustrating 😡😔

Message 50 of 83 (2,017 Views)